Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool

Leythos

aka@ said:
Even if they are purchasing at a brothel?

Sure, no medical testing, no size testing, no idea if it makes noises or
not, no idea if it has the proper real hardware :)
Last I heard, buying something stolen comes under the law "receiving
stolen goods".

Yes, and they will take it away from the recvr, without payment for it,
and give it to the rightful owner if they can be identified, which makes
my point perfectly.

antioch

Replies in-line
Antioch

Leythos said:
Anyone purchasing because of look along would be considered an ignorant
purchaser.

Wrong, under the law, if you recv stolen property, once it's determined
to be stolen, the police can take it from you.

Correct in the UK - Ownership always remains with the original lawful owner
The only exception I know of are Pawn Shop owners - they
may keep any stolen property they purchase.

Under what statute of law does this apply - ownership always remains with
the original lawful owner.

Leythos

Replies in-line
Antioch

Correct in the UK - Ownership always remains with the original lawful owner

Under what statute of law does this apply - ownership always remains with
the original lawful owner.

Pawn Shop owners, at least in the USA, are considered a valuable source
for the police, so they can learn more about theft, so even if you track
something down, find it in a pawn shop, you can't just claim it - you
have to pay for it. I don't approve of this, but that's the way I
understand it.

antioch

Leythos said:
Pawn Shop owners, at least in the USA, are considered a valuable source
for the police, so they can learn more about theft, so even if you track
something down, find it in a pawn shop, you can't just claim it - you
have to pay for it. I don't approve of this, but that's the way I
understand it.

Not in the UK.
PBs are also considered a good source of information, and they will always
give evidence in Court for the prosecution. But they don't get to keep any
stolen property - they do get to keep their PB licence though. I have known
some who will do a 'deal' with and insurance company. It helps each to
cover some of the costs.
Antioch

thats MOST helpfull..I REALY liked how informitive and helpfull people are
these days..your a PIP Gary..one of a kind..(THANK God for that)..