Vote results

John Fitzsimons

On 2 May 2006 20:03:45 +0200, "John Jay Smith" <-> wrote:

I will follow your advice...I did take it into consideration. I don't want
to make any enemies here...

< ROFL > That's why you top post eh ? That's why you constantly ignore
good advice people give you ? That why you constantly pick arguments
with J.C., Susan etc. etc ? That's why you flood this newsgroup with
your endless rants ?

If that is how you make "friends" then I certainly wonder how you
would make "enemies".

John Fitzsimons

I didn't vote, and it WAS for the reasons you stated. I would have
been a "yes" vote, but I do understand and agree with the basic point
John was trying to make with the poll. There are usually better
alternatives than nagware, and any recommendation ought to mention how
intrusive the "nag" is.

< snip >

Correct. Some "nagware" may be okay and some may not be. That's why
it isn't a black and white issue and many people didn't vote. Had the
vote said something like "mostly not talked about" instead of "never
talked about" things would have been different.

Daniel Mandic

badgolferman said:
Do you think J. J. S. could go weeks, much less years without posting
something?

Hmmm, I don't know. I do not see the NG-happenings so tight.

John Jay or anyone else....

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Susan Bugher

Oi! Right. Enough is enough, Corliss, you've wound me up now.

How DARE you bring Susan's good name into this discussion. Was it to get a
reaction? Well, you've got it.

<SNIP>

Whew! That was quite some rant Tony. :) I also feel that John C.'s
comments were out of line but John's opinions are John's opinions,
however mistaken, ;) and he doesn't often change them. Let's not go to
war over this. . .

Just for the record. . . IMO people voted the Nagware question
according to their personal convictions - those who think it was a
personality contest are mistaken. The Nagware "toe" has been in the door
for a long, long time (that's a fact, not an opinion).

End of topic (I hope). . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Caesar Romano

I just wanted to thank J.Corliss for his recent troll. It really
livened things up in what is normally a congenial and helpful NG.

Certainly he as been more disruptive in the past, but nevertheless you
must admit it was a creative troll.

John Corliss

Tony(UK) said:
(snipped most of the rant)
As you are so quick to impress your views on others, I have a view to
impress on you. Change your outdated opinions and inflated opinion of
yourself. Better still, bugger off from ACF, like you did before. I'll
decide what software to use, buy, whatever. I am always willing to take
advice from people, but I will never be bossed about, except by my Father.
As I, I'm very happy to say, are not from your loins, I take no heed from
you, Sir.

Believe me, I'm more than happy that you are not from my "loins", "sir".
People come to this group for friendly help and friendly discussion. It has
been a very long while since you have actually contributed anything to this
newsgroup, except to attempt to moderate and annoy.

Then apparently you choose to ignore all the posts when I recommend
freeware solutions to people. If you like, and can list all of my recent
posts that are in that category. How about YOU? I've gone over your
recent posts and you haven't recommended anywhere NEAR the number of
programs that I have. Not that I give a shit.
Gone. 'Bye All. My loss? You decide.

If you don't like my posts, simply filter them out. It's not that hard
to do.
A very pissed off Tony(UK), off to take his medication and try to calm down.
<mutters about how dare he, bloody this, bloody that>

How "dare" I? Because I'm free and over 21. Your message seems to
indicate that you believe Susan is above criticism. Hey, you're free to
believe what you want. I don't share that belief and I doubt if Susan
does either, frankly.

--
John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Susan Bugher

John Corliss wrote:

indicate that you believe Susan is above criticism. Hey, you're free to
believe what you want. I don't share that belief and I doubt if Susan
does either, frankly.

What Tony objected to was your spin doctoring. The above is just more of
the same. Tony objected to your posting this:

<q>
Susan runs the Pricelessware page and many people will want to stay on
her good side (as I knew before I asked for a vote.) Taking this into
consideration, the no side did better than I expected.
</q>

Frankly, my dear, that's utter nonsense. People voted the way they did
to stay on my good side? What piffle. You started a vote you expected to
lose? I don't theenk so. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Alastair Smeaton

How "dare" I? Because I'm free and over 21. Your message seems to
indicate that you believe Susan is above criticism. Hey, you're free to
believe what you want. I don't share that belief and I doubt if Susan
does either, frankly.

John - you and I have agreed before, and disagreed - and whether I
post freeware referrals or not is irrelevant......

Susan and I have agreed and disagreed before - ditto

But - to suggest that the vote was influenced by Susan running the
pricelessware page is, I feel, an insult to my intelligence.

Time for you to have another think ?

John Corliss

Susan said:
John Corliss wrote:

What Tony objected to was your spin doctoring. The above is just more of
the same. Tony objected to your posting this:

<q>
Susan runs the Pricelessware page and many people will want to stay on
her good side (as I knew before I asked for a vote.) Taking this into
consideration, the no side did better than I expected.
</q>

Frankly, my dear, that's utter nonsense. People voted the way they did
to stay on my good side? What piffle. You started a vote you expected to
lose? I don't theenk so. . .

Me thinkest thou protesteth too much.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Susan Bugher

John Corliss

Susan said:
LOL. You're the protester. I'm just one of your favorite targets. You're
even doing reruns. . . as a bit of Googling for "Wave Repair" author:
Corliss will show. . .

Susan

None of this is going to work Susan. I'm not going to get into a pissing
match with you or anybody else in this thread.

EOD.

--
John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Please keep the context if you quote my posts. You're "agreeing" to
something *I* didn't say or imply.

That was the point,of course or haven't you heard of sarcasm?

This current distraction from discussing freeware was indeed partly or
mainly caused by JC with his call for votes, which resolved exactly
nothing.

So your appeal about getting back to discussing freeware, would have
being better addressed to JC. He's a disruptive force, that you would
recognise if not for certain factors.

If you are truly concerned about avoiding all this useless noise, I
recommend you reign in JC if you have any power to do so , and stop
encouraging him.

Aaron

None of this is going to work Susan. I'm not going to get into a
pissing match with you or anybody else in this thread.

That's probably a good idea, given that your list of allies, are dropping
to nearly zero, though whether you can hold to the policy is doubtful. Even
the old timers who hold to a strict definition of freeware and used to be
your natural allies are starting to realise that you are a huge disruptive
force and are a liability.

burnr

If you are truly concerned about avoiding all this useless noise, I
recommend you reign in JC if you have any power to do so , and stop
encouraging him.

lol...more sarcasm? You can't be serious. No one here has any influence or
power to "reign in" anyone else.

And I'm sure you know (or should know), JC needs no encouragment to voice
his opinion. ;)

John Corliss

Hey, why don't you GO **** YOURSELF, Aaron?

****ing punk.

--

Aaron said:
That's probably a good idea, given that your list of allies, are dropping
to nearly zero, though whether you can hold to the policy is doubtful. Even
the old timers who hold to a strict definition of freeware and used to be
your natural allies are starting to realise that you are a huge disruptive
force and are a liability.

This kind of crap is uncalled for. You do not speak for anybody but
yourself, least of all the "old timers" as you describe them.

Also note that I'm trying to drop this bulshit, and people like you are
deliberately keeping it going. So who's being disruptive at this point?

I posted a vulgar reply to your message and then canceled it. If you see
it though, it's exactly how I felt at that moment.

--
John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

granpaw

That's probably a good idea, given that your list of allies, are
dropping to nearly zero, though whether you can hold to the policy is
doubtful.

Don't know about the number of 'allies' John has (I count myself as one of
them btw).
Even the old timers who hold to a strict definition of
freeware and used to be your natural allies are starting to realise
that you are a huge disruptive force and are a liability.

In this thread, count the times that he (John C.) has posted as opposed to
the number of posts protesting his right to do so.

Hint: John isn't the 'disruptive force' here, this NG is supposed to be
'discussion' about free software -not- other posters.

an' who you callin old?...;0)

granpaw