Vote results

Susan Bugher

Aaron said:
True enough.

This is yet one more G.D. OPINION post. . . ;)

"Needing no encouragement to voice an opinion" makes JC just one of a
large crowd in ACF. Lately there have been *dozens* of opinion posts for
every post that has useful information - or so it seems to me. . .

I'd like *accurate* factual information about free software please. I
prefer to make up my own mind about what to do with that information. . .

TIA for NOT sharing all your personal prejudices over and over and over
and over and over again. . . ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Caesar Romano

Ditto for dozens of other posters, why is it that always JC is the one in
the middle?

JC blames people for provoking him, why don't they provoke me? Or you? or
anyone else for that matter?

Good points and questions.

Andy Mabbett

Susan Bugher said:
Lately there have been *dozens* of opinion posts for every post that
has useful information - or so it seems to me. . .

So that's just your personal prejudice?
TIA for NOT sharing all your personal prejudices over and over and over
and over and over again. . . ;)

Oh...

John Fitzsimons

On 6 May 2006 23:04:31 +0200, Aaron

Ditto for dozens of other posters, why is it that always JC is the one in
the middle?

< snip >

Because he has a lot of enemies. The spammers don't like him. The
scammers don't like him. The shareware authors don't like him. The
commercial authors don't like him. The top posters don't like him.
The no editing "me too" posters don't like him. The spyware authors
don't like him etc. etc.

Because he tends to point out what they are doing. With people like
JC out of the way life would be much easier for the idiots/low life
mentioned above.

Klaatu

On 6 May 2006 23:04:31 +0200, Aaron

< snip >

Because he has a lot of enemies. The spammers don't like him. The
scammers don't like him. The shareware authors don't like him. The
commercial authors don't like him. The top posters don't like him.
The no editing "me too" posters don't like him. The spyware authors
don't like him etc. etc.

Because he tends to point out what they are doing. With people like
JC out of the way life would be much easier for the idiots/low life
mentioned above.

I don't often agree with you JF, but you're spot on here. Well said.

Aaron

This is yet one more G.D. OPINION post. . . ;)

"Needing no encouragement to voice an opinion" makes JC just one of a
large crowd in ACF. Lately there have been *dozens* of opinion posts for
every post that has useful information - or so it seems to me. . .

Yes, it's sad. That is the way it goes, useless one opinion post, tends
to encourage more to appear. And the originator of that first post,
always tends to belong to a much more specific , smaller and elite group
of posters.

If we can only nip in the bud the problem in that first place....

I'd like *accurate* factual information about free software please. I
prefer to make up my own mind about what to do with that information. .

Me too.
TIA for NOT sharing all your personal prejudices over and over and over
and over and over again. . . ;)

It's only prejudices when it's not's your opinion, Susan. :)

Aaron

On 6 May 2006 23:04:31 +0200, Aaron

< snip >

Because he has a lot of enemies.

And why is that? Aren't there many people like you, who have almost the
same goals and the same beliefs? Why is it then that he is the only one
getting into all this trouble, causing all this racket?

The spammers don't like him. The
scammers don't like him. The shareware authors don't like him. The
commercial authors don't like him. The top posters don't like him.
The no editing "me too" posters don't like him. The spyware authors
don't like him etc. etc.

Some of this is no doubt true, but it's not sufficient I think to explain
why he is singled out. IMHO JC unlike some of the other posters who in
theory play the same role, clearly lacks self control, tact and the
ability to keep a level head.

I submit that a lot of this friction is not necessary it's the way JC
goes about it, that i causing a lot of the problem.

That is why people enjoy playing with him , teasing him, just waiting for
him to explode.

Nobody would borther to do that with Q, or to a certain extent you, it
would be pointless.
Because he tends to point out what they are doing. With people like
JC out of the way life would be much easier for the idiots/low life
mentioned above.

I beg to differ, you make it sound like JC is the only one in this
newsgroup who is supporting the strict definition of freeware. Many
others do, they just deal with it with more tact.

Take this recent incident, if JC wasn't around, what do you think would
have happened? We would all support adware and nagware? LOL.