Vote results

John Jay Smith

lots of typos huh? lol I think I didnt spell check that one...lol and it
shows

John Jay Smith

You need a "reality checker" too. Can anyone recommend an app?

Susan, there is no need to be bitter like that....not to me...

Quantum physics state that reality is 11 dimensional,
and has no material aspect to it, rather is chords vibrating at
"frequencies"
that make up what you perceive as reality. There are parallel universes,
some
with laws of physics compatible to our own and some not. The most possible
current theory is that there are infinite number of parallel universes some
may differ on only one quantum event (that is a cosmic ray). Timespace and
be manipulated in such a way that space and time
has no meaning, material things can pass inside eatch other, distance can be
zero.

If you could find me a freeware that can calculate the real reality please
send it.

Caesar Romano

He thought by starting a vote he could then come back to me and say
no one wants your information, so scram

He's tried that several times in the past.

Susan Bugher

Stan Weiss

John said:
Your assumptions are wrong.

I am NOT new to this group.. I have been here for years and years and
years..probably longer than you!

In a faceless internet group like this how is one poster identified from
another? Your name says you have been posting since the beginning of the
year. In this vote there is no right and wrong. This group only works if
everyone shows some moderation.
Stan

John Jay Smith

In a faceless internet group like this how is one poster identified from
another? Your name says you have been posting since the beginning of the
year. In this vote there is no right and wrong. This group only works if
everyone shows some moderation.
Stan

I agree with you 100% Stan, because this is facless you cannot say that one
is new or not.
You are right everyone should have self constraint.... that would solve a
lot of problems.
I will follow your advice...I did take it into consideration. I don't want
to make any enemies here...

thanks

Peter Seiler

John Jay Smith - 02.05.2006 16:33 :

you convinced me - fullquoting (placed within the sigpart because of
topposting) is realy great and makes fun.

Al

John said:
Nagware is NOT offtopic in this newsgroup!

This newsgroup is called alt.comp.freeware

Please read the meaning of the term freeware in wikipedia a free online
encyclopedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeware

I quote wikipedia: "The only criterion for being classified as "freeware" is
that the software must be made available at no cost"

and even in that case the newsgroup has an ALT before its name...

this means ALTernative giving the meaning of freedom not some
netcop dominated group as Corliss envisions it.

However I dont personally post nagware unless it is the last resort, and no
other
freeware exists, and I notify the poster WARNING him of the nature of the
application.
Just like the FIRST POST that started this whole corliss vote thing!
Approximately 70 people responded to the ridiculous question asked by
John Corliss. SEVENTY PEOPLE!!! Do want you want!

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

John said:
No to posting any imaginable unreleated thing or flamewars or trolling.

Yes to posting helpful information when needed and in context with the
subject in this newsgroup.

No to people who want to stop other people giving advice that is intended to
help the poster that is searching for some solution.

Yes to other forms of freeware, ONLY when needed, and given warning
of their nature.

This is the correct meaning of freedom I give.. not something wild and out
of control as susan said, although those too cannot be enforced.... since
this is the usenet after all.

John
I think that you misread Susan's post
In a nut shell the vote (straw poll) is over
let things die down and come down from your soap box,
DO NOT add wood to the fire, etc,etc.
Got my meaning?
Good luck
Omar

"When I am right, No one remembers
When I am wrong, No one forgets"

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

Susan said:
Dad-dratted humorists. (He owes me one too.)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Hey you owe me one to (Empanadas) (private joke every body, so eat your
hart out)
Omar (the nice one)

"When I am right, No one remembers
When I am wrong, No one forgets"

Sietse Fliege

Susan said:
John Jay Smith wrote:

You need a "reality checker" too. Can anyone recommend an app?

Lucille, perhaps?

"Lucille is a mostly hidden application that pops up questions to help
you doing reality tests." http://mythwell.com/lucille/index.html

I don't think that it's quite what you had in mind, though.
I somehow also doubt that our hero can be helped that easily.

Susan Bugher

Lucille, perhaps?

"Lucille is a mostly hidden application that pops up questions to help
you doing reality tests." http://mythwell.com/lucille/index.html

I don't think that it's quite what you had in mind, though.
I somehow also doubt that our hero can be helped that easily.

splutter. . . doggone it Sietse, I'm running out of keyboards. Having
Little Richard's version of Lucille running through my head while I
looked at the site sure didn't help matters. ("Lucille, won't do no good
to squeal". . . .)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Sietse Fliege

Topposting corrected
http://mythwell.com/download.html
this is not freeware... please report to corliss for your daily
whiping.

Reality check... There are two downloads on the download page.
One is not freeware, but Lucille is, as it also says on the program
page.
She is all there for you to take. Or just go on having lucid dreams.