Irreconcilable Differences

John Fitzsimons

JF> Hi Genna,

JF> (1) Go to your site and delete any file of Susan's. She
JF> presumably has copies on her own computer. Or give here 48 hours
JF> to make copies if she needs to. Then delete.
JF> (2) Change your site password.
JF> (3) If Susan wants to go elsewhere then she is free to do so.

The first post I've seen here that makes any sense at all. Hear,hear.

Unfortunately Genna has ignored it. I must say that I am rather
disappointed in her. I thought she was more sensible that that.
Looks like she wants this thread to go on forever too. :-(

John Fitzsimons

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:41:41 GMT, "Genna Reeney"

My own future involvement is no longer relevant. As such, I don't intend to
comment in this thread again. Please do not interepret it as lack of
interest, but rather my contribution to a speedy conclusion of this
interminable ordeal.

This thread will only end when you delete Susan's files. The sooner
you do that the better. She said she wants to move so she cannot
complain if you do that.

Keeping them makes you look like a control freak as well. Is that how
you want people perceiving you ?

John Fitzsimons

Susan Bugher wrote:

The "difficult working conditions", could you describe that in more
detail?

< snip >

To quote Genna :

"Again, you are asked for specifics.
Again, you are evasive."

She could but she won't. Please don't encourage this stupid thread. If
Susan wants to move then she doesn't need anyone here to give her the
okay.

What's the next thread going to be ?

"Susan wants to scratch her nose".

Could all ACF readers her who want her to please add to this thread ?

Duh !

The more she posts the more stupid she looks. The more Genna posts the
more reasonable she looks.

I guess this will continue until Susan ceases this drama queen thread
and simply moves her files elsewhere. Her touting for support is both
childish and unnecessary.

Looks like Susan wants to beat Fussy in the "longest pointless
threads" contest.

Regards, John.

Badger

Why is there so much breast-beating about where Pricelessware is hosted?
While it is certainly a good source of freeware it's only one of dozens of
freeware sites I have bookmarked and not the one I go to first as a matter
of course.
That said, is it really important where it ends up?
Badger

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Whatever happens to the website and whoever is left running it at
the end of the day I assume this NG will still be here and that it
will still be possible to get programs and info on those programs
here right??

Yes. The Pricelessware site is dependent on the group, not the other
way around. This newsgroup will remain.

jo

John said:
I guess this will continue until Susan ceases this drama queen thread
and simply moves her files elsewhere. Her touting for support is both
childish and unnecessary.

You sound like a man with a history...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

You and others asked for information and reasons. I have furnished
some of the information and some of the reasons. Do you want more?

I did, but no longer. In the "PL issues" thread, you also gave some
specifics; Genna responded with explanation and rebuttal to which you
did not reply. This time she has also responded, and you have not
replied to her explanation directly. Instead, you replied to Roger,
advising us not to believe Genna. Given that even the facts regarding
the alleged problem are in dispute and would almost certainly remain in
dispute no matter how many grievances you might post, I see no point in
posting more.

When you took over maintainance of the PL pages, I was amazed at the
good luck of a.c.f that you showed up when you did and quickly
demonstrated great skill and dedication in handling all the details of
maintainance as well as handling people's concerns so well. I could
not have hoped for a better person to step up to take on the job, and I
expect a great many people here agree with me (on this paragraph, I
mean).

These threads have saddened me, and the conclusion they have led me to
is painful. I think it would be best for the PL if you simply quit
doing all you have been.

Carolyn

John Corliss said:
Carolyn
I don't believe sex has anything to do with being a good mediator.
Such a view is sexist.

I work with all men every day and I have found that men and women have a
different way of dealing with this type of a situation. If that is sexist,
then so be it.
Men can argue all day long and then go out drinking together that night as
best buddies. Women seem take things more to heart and don't handle
conflicts in the same way as men do. There is a different perspective here,
guys.
Just my opinion.
Carolyn

Tiger

It's like a soap opera.

Bingo. Worse, it's an episode of Jerry Springer. Someone, somewhere
will post in response to either Susan or Genna, "You GO GIRL!" Just
wait.

Dan Goodman

Rod said:
Again IMHO your evading the real questions ACF
members have again: What are the Irreconcilable Differences ? What is
going on here ?

That doesn't matter. Geena has said things which make it clear that she
also thinks there are such differences. If the two people directly
involved BOTH say there ARE such differences, then there are such
differences.

I suspect that if the differences were plainly stated, some people here
would condescendingly point out to Geena and Susan that such things don't
matter and they're both being silly. No matter how out of touch with
reality that opinion might be.

Dan Goodman

G. W. Clay said:
Of course none of the choices are good because none of them are yours.
You really are a control freak. Don't forget your parachute.

One nice thing about this newsgroup -- the people I want to killfile are
usually not the people who I remember having contributed anything I'm
likely to miss.

Gord McFee

....and acf regulars wonders why I, Andy, Vic, and others have problems with
the so called acf faq.

I am a regular lurker and I don't wonder. This may be one of the
stupidest threads in acf history, and that is saying a lot.

*ProteanThread*

»Q« said:
These threads have saddened me, and the conclusion they have led me to
is painful. I think it would be best for the PL if you simply quit
doing all you have been.

*GASP*

Olaf Janson

»Q« said:
You and others asked for information and reasons. I have furnished
some of the information and some of the reasons. Do you want more?
[snip]
These threads have saddened me, and the conclusion they have led me to
is painful. I think it would be best for the PL if you simply quit
doing all you have been.

What is sad is your conclusion to tell Susan to quit. She's the best
thing that's happened to the Pricelessware site.
She actually cared enough about it to spend *a lot* of time improving
it.
I think Genna should ride into the sunset and let Susan assume control
of the site's maintenance.

Olaf Janson

Semolina Pilchard said:
Wouldn't *deliberately malicious slander* be a better description?

Go and stick your fingers in the blender. It'll keep you from posting
scurrilous drivel for a while, you witless buffoon.

Slander is spoken. Libel is written.
Looks to me like you're the witless one (adding "buffoon" is an
unnecessary redundancy).