Irreconcilable Differences

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

» said:
Were posts made to this thread today and subsequently cancelled?

I'm just trying to read the thread without missing anything, and
the structure of the thread has become slightly screwy.

Never mind, I see it now. A private e-mail address was posted
inadvertently; that post was cancelled and replaced by one with the
e-mail obscured. Now that all the posts have propagated to me, the
thread makes much more sense.

*ProteanThread*

»Q« said:
Were posts made to this thread today and subsequently cancelled?

I'm just trying to read the thread without missing anything, and the
structure of the thread has become slightly screwy.

no, i've been noticing that a lot lately between my two newservers.

--

Woodzy
http://www.rtdos.com (alternate OS for games based on the classics)

http://rtdos.com/chat
retro themed chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

*ProteanThread*

»Q« said:
Never mind, I see it now. A private e-mail address was posted
inadvertently; that post was cancelled and replaced by one with the
e-mail obscured. Now that all the posts have propagated to me, the
thread makes much more sense.

You're lucky, I'm only seeing part of the threads (unless I wait a few hrs
and google this thread, but then it won't even be complete)

--

Woodzy
http://www.rtdos.com (alternate OS for games based on the classics)
http://rtdos.com/debate (politically charged discussions)
http://rtdos.com/guestbook (submit your links here)
http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards)
http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat)

http://rtdos.com/chat
retro themed chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

dkg_ctc

My vote is to leave the Pricelessware site where it is. since you
haven't elucidated any reasons for your wanting to move it, I will
not provide any reason for my wanting it to stay where it is.

I have to agree with John. "Why? Why not?" and "Because I say so"
aren't compelling enough reasons to justify making the change,
especially in the absence of any other actual, concrete reasons.

Alex Balfour

I suggest we do not get involved in never ending "analysis paralysis".
It seems to me that there are only two likely outcomes to this
protracted debate:

1. The web site stays where it is and we lose Susan.

2. The Web site moves and we retain Susan.

Personally I vote for outcome 2.

Alex Balfour

junklee1

Susan Bugher said:
Genna and I communicated by email - then we communicated publicly in the
I would like to move the Pricelessware List to a new location.

The Pricelessware List has been hosted on other sites in the past (IIRC
the last move was about two years ago). Some free sites have been
offered. If they are not suitable others can be found. Hosting details -
who, how, where etc. will require discussion.
Questions, comments and *votes* (move/stay) please.

Susan

FYI: I sent Genna an email when I started the "PL issues" thread. I will
notify her this time too.

Where to? pricelessware.com? This is reserved. A cynical lurker for a
long time (grateful to).

ysdgm

Henk de Jong

Dear Genna and Susan,

After having read the postings in ACF about the PL issues from both of
you, I have the opinion that 'things' are going a little out of hand
now. I am very sorry and sad to see this happen in here. But I have
still some hope that things can work out, when communication is back to
'normal' again. IMHO argueing in this group doesn't help this process
of getting back to a normal communication. Maybe you should go back to
an email-conversation, if necessary with the help of a mediator, and
after that present a strategy to the group about how to deal with the
PL and where it would be hosted.

I still think that you, as two great women that have both done so many
great things for this group, can work out things in an 'adult'-way and
work together for the benefits of this group.

When you both think that you like to try to communicate again and you
need a mediator, I volunteer for this 'job'.

With kind regards,

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Rod

Henk said:
[...]

I agree with my fellow cheesehead, discussing the matter in this newsgroup
doesn't seem to help things.
IMHO it's getting annoying. Two grown-ups should be able to sort things out
in a more intimate form of communication, instead of not getting to the
point in a long (very long) public thread on ACF.

Rod

John Fitzsimons

Hi Genna,

Can you help us all out here ?

(1) Go to your site and delete any file of Susan's. She presumably has
copies on her own computer. Or give here 48 hours to make copies if
she needs to. Then delete.

(2) Change your site password.

(3) If Susan wants to go elsewhere then she is free to do so.

At least then you, SOS etc. will no longer need to be involved in this
dopey discussion.

John Fitzsimons

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:46:13 -0400, Susan Bugher

I would like to move the Pricelessware List to a new location.

So do it. Then maybe we can see an end to this totally pointless
thread.

I suggest everyone "vote" by killfiling this thread.

Olaf Janson

Susan Bugher said:
Genna and I communicated by email - then we communicated publicly in
the "PL issues" thread. Since then we have had a further exchange of
emails.

The bottom line? The current arrangement is not working. It's not
going to work.

That sums it up quite nicely, thank you.

It's not working. It's not going to work.

Genna does nothing more than "pay the bill", which isn't much. And, now,
she's "turned it over" to SOS, who's another paranoid freak.

Susan actually works on the site and keeps it up to date. She's also
added a usability to the site that was never there before.

I'm suspect of Genna's sudden interest in the site. I wonder if Genna
now thinks she might be able to make some money from this site. That is
*pure speculation* on my part, though.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

It's not working. It's not going to work.

Genna does nothing more than "pay the bill", which isn't much.
And, now, she's "turned it over" to SOS, who's another paranoid
freak.

The PL would not exist without the vision and efforts of SoS.
Susan actually works on the site and keeps it up to date. She's
also added a usability to the site that was never there before.

That is true. Given that the current arrangement has been in effect
during the entire time in which she has accomplished that, ISTM that
the current arrangement has been working pretty well.
I'm suspect of Genna's sudden interest in the site. I wonder if
Genna now thinks she might be able to make some money from this
site. That is *pure speculation* on my part, though.

Unfounded, malicious speculation doesn't help much here.

Semolina Pilchard

Genna does nothing more than "pay the bill", which isn't much. And, now,
she's "turned it over" to SOS, who's another paranoid freak.

Susan actually works on the site and keeps it up to date. She's also
added a usability to the site that was never there before.

I'm suspect of Genna's sudden interest in the site. I wonder if Genna
now thinks she might be able to make some money from this site. That is
*pure speculation* on my part, though.

Wouldn't *deliberately malicious slander* be a better description?

Go and stick your fingers in the blender. It'll keep you from posting
scurrilous drivel for a while, you witless buffoon.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "John Fitzsimons" <[email protected]>
* Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:39:26 +1000
* Subj: Re: Irreconcilable Differences

JF> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:20:02 GMT, "Genna Reeney"

FL>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:46:13 -0400, Susan Bugher
<[email protected]>
FL>> wrote:

JF> < snip >

JF> Hi Genna,

JF> Can you help us all out here ?

JF> (1) Go to your site and delete any file of Susan's. She
JF> presumably has copies on her own computer. Or give here 48 hours
JF> to make copies if she needs to. Then delete.

JF> (2) Change your site password.

JF> (3) If Susan wants to go elsewhere then she is free to do so.

JF> At least then you, SOS etc. will no longer need to be involved in
JF> this dopey discussion.

The first post I've seen here that makes any sense at all. Hear,hear.

Susan Bugher

»Q« said:
<news:[email protected]>:

That is true. Given that the current arrangement has been in effect
during the entire time in which she has accomplished that, ISTM that
the current arrangement has been working pretty well.
SNIP

Unfounded, malicious speculation doesn't help much here.

Unwarranted conclusions like "ISTM that the current arrangement has been
working pretty well" don't help much either.

I volunteered to do a job. What has been *shown* is my ability to get
the job done.

From my POV I have been doing that job under difficult working
conditions. I have proposed a change in the working conditions. From my
POV that is a reasonable request.

You and others asked for information and reasons. I have furnished some
of the information and some of the reasons. Do you want more?

Susan

siDetRaked

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:51:02 -0500, "Jack D. Russell, Sr."

dopey discussion.
The first post I've seen here that makes any sense at all. Hear,hear.

I agree.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "siDetRaked" <[email protected]>
* Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:28:20 GMT
* Subj: Re: Irreconcilable Differences

s> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:51:02 -0500, "Jack D. Russell, Sr."

JF> dopey discussion.

JDR>> The first post I've seen here that makes any sense at all.
JDR>> Hear,hear.

s> I agree.

LOL....We're on a roll. 3 people that all agree on the same thing. I
do believe that's a first for this thread. Anyone else? ;)

Sietse Fliege

Susan Bugher wrote:

--snip--
I would like to move the Pricelessware List to a new location.

It seems to me to be preferrable, if possible at all, not to move, for
continuity's sake.

--snip--
I would like to continue as webmaster.

I would love you to continue as webmaster.
My top priority: ensuring that the Pricelessware List can be prepared
and maintained easily by others when I leave.

I trust that you will.

--snip--

I wonder if it is necessary to move, having read Genna's statement:
"I have forwarded to SOS the necessary information that will remove the
need for my own future involvement.".

I can understand that you want *full* controll as the *only* webmaster.
Could it be worked out with SOS that you get sufficient documentation
and exclusive edit rights and full access (or acceptable workarounds)?
If so, would that do?

Roger Johansson

Susan said:
From my POV I have been doing that job under difficult working
conditions. I have proposed a change in the working conditions. From my
POV that is a reasonable request.

You and others asked for information and reasons. I have furnished some
of the information and some of the reasons. Do you want more?

The "difficult working conditions", could you describe that in more
detail?

What you have told us so far is that once when you asked Genna about
space restrictions you got no answer.
She has explained that she missed that question.

Genna's changing of the title page is nothing to complain about, as I
see it, it is a very minor thing, and after all, that is the page she
must handle.

What "difficult working conditions" have hampered your work, _before_
you got upset and the relation to Genna became infected?