Connections, LAN Settings, and be sure that "Automatically
detect settings" is checked.

Open Internet Explorer, click File and ensure that Work
Offline is not checked.

G

Hi, I tried this but doesn't work for me. I have a cable modem connected
through USB to my computer.

Reaction score
This is something tied to Microsoft Anti-Spyware I think. My last update I installed was on December 10th; however, since then I have been unable to update the definition files since. I tried researching it and saw another post like this from an earlier date on this forum. Basically IE is set to detect settings for LAN automatically, as I have Cable I am constantly on and it's connected by Ethernet instead of USB.

Thinking this was tied to something in the install on Microsoft Antispyware itself I uninstalled, restarted, ran a registry cleaner, and then re-installed; however it did not work still I got the same message that "Pat" up there is getting. I then thought it was due to a problem with my Router's Hardware firewall, of course that turned out to not be the case either. I also went to Window's built in Firewall, thinking for some reason it was causing problems because Windows can be funky like that sometimes, that wasn't it either.

I am at the end of my rope with this actually, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, like I said it worked December 10th early in the morning until late last night. Can anyone help or am I correct in thinking this is a problem with their update server on their end?

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to be a registered member and/or post in this section. I did a search on Google to see if other people were having the same problem like me. This site required registration to post and I wanted to let other people know they weren't alone. So I apologize if I broke any rules, guidelines, or anything of the sort. :(

Last edited:

Ask a Question