MS AntiSpyware AutoUpdater Connection Error

Have MS AntiSpyware version 1.0.701 installed on two PC. When checking for
updates receive identical error message on both PC.
Error message reads as follows:
"Warning could not connect to the Internet. Updates have failed. Autoupdater
could not detect an internet connection."
As there are numerous other posts regarding this update error issue I assume
a fix will be forthcoming?

I have exactly the same problem, I even tried after turning off my firewall,
still no luck.

francais said:
Have MS AntiSpyware version 1.0.701 installed on two PC. When checking for
updates receive identical error message on both PC.
Error message reads as follows:
"Warning could not connect to the Internet. Updates have failed. Autoupdater
could not detect an internet connection."
As there are numerous other posts regarding this update error issue I assume
a fix will be forthcoming?
The same thing is happening to me. What a waste of time.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

francais said:
Have MS AntiSpyware version 1.0.701 installed on two PC. When
checking for updates receive identical error message on both PC.
Error message reads as follows:
"Warning could not connect to the Internet. Updates have failed.
Autoupdater could not detect an internet connection."
As there are numerous other posts regarding this update error issue I
assume a fix will be forthcoming?

Server problems
Retry once a day until it is fixed.

Thanks for reply Frank. Tried updating about ten minutes ago at 1615 Central
European Time (Alpha Time Zone) and AutoUpdater worked fine downloading
latest definitions. Guess the new 1.0.701 version resulted in a lot of
server congestion. Patience pays off! Again thanks for the assist.
Best for the upcoming holidays!
francais

Well it is working for me as of today 12/17/05
But you & I both know it wasnt working & for quite some time too,I might add!
(1 month)
Nor did my question get addressed either.

"IS THERE A WAY TO MANUALY DOWNLOAD & INSTALL THE UPDATED DEF'S ?"
You know like Lavasoft or Spybot or any of the leading Anti-Virus Programs
for that matter.
Xproject187

Dave M

From my post on Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:55:18 -0800
Subject: Re: No Internet Connection **FIX**
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

Follow these steps:

Right click on MSAS icon within systray and choose Shutdown.

Go to these sites:

http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcDeterminationData.gcd

http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcThreatAuditScanData.gcd

http://download.spynet.com/ASDefinitions/gcThreatAuditThreatData.gcd

Save and overwrite if necessary these files to C:\Program files\Microsoft
Antispyware (or your favorite MSAS foldername)

Restart MSAS

Thank you very very much Dave M
M must stand for Most Professional huh?
Thanx again Xproject187

Dave M

Nooooo, I'm M_ostly independent of anybody, except my wife... lol
You're welcome, glad to help.