Your favorite classic games of all time.

Reaction score
its abandonware now, download it lol.

peoples till release unit packs and maps, kinda fun to browse the net for them after all this time lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't realise it was abandonware now too!!!

floppy, I HIGHLY recommend this too - I used to spend hours playing it over LAN about 5 years ago! I might download this again too :)

Reaction score
Has to be Street Fighter 2 Genre
When that came out as an arcade machine, it pretty much caused a sensation. Everyone who was anyone was playing it. It brought people from all walks of life all colur and races, didn't matter, came together in their local arcade shop to compete in friendly bouts of competitive brawls.
Just great. Nothing has had such a huge impact as Street Fighter 2 did

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by kalbal
its abandonware now, download it lol.

peoples till release unit packs and maps, kinda fun to browse the net for them after all this time lol

Do you know where I can download it from?

Reaction score
Spent a while searching all the major forums and sites, and can't find a single download source, possibly due to copyright issues, it is still available for purchase from some online shops though, along with lots of free mods and maps from the big fan sites.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Jason H
Spent a while searching all the major forums and sites, and can't find a single download source, possibly due to copyright issues, it is still available for purchase from some online shops though, along with lots of free mods and maps from the big fan sites.

Cheers for taking a look Matt, I couldn't find it anywhere either! Oh well, I'll see if I can pick this game up for a fiver in one of those cheapo games packs :)

Reaction score
Those games are fantastic James. Do you know where I can get hold of them.

Do you remember the VIZ game

Reaction score
Yes i do it was superb, i have a copy for the Amiga emulator, ive just passed you the cd. its on your desk. Why didnt you ask me in person?

Reaction score
I've got fond memories of a game called Lander, that we had on the BBC computers in my primary schools though!!

And the original Mario on the NES as well, just how ergonomic were those handsets!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah i remeber that game, programmed it on occasion, the one with the little moon lander that you had to get on the pad by using thrusters?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Personally, I like the Tomb Raider series... I've been told I look like Lara Croft (must be the legs) ;) lol

I've been playing the No One Lives For Ever series recently, those are pretty good :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well as im only 18, my retro gaming is classed in the Nes/Megadrive era. So i can only say games like the original Sonic and Mario bros.

Though i downloaded a few emulators a long time ago and had fun on very strange games, like robotron and rainbow kid.

So if i had to pic my favourtie classic game of all time, it would definatly be the original Mario. (now that game was ahead of its time ^_^ )

Reaction score
I have only just noticed this thread having joined today and have to say Ian. Dizzy is spot on. I had forgotten all about that I used to spend hours on that on my amstrad 464. Before that it was probably jet set willy.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CIFC said:
I have only just noticed this thread having joined today and have to say Ian. Dizzy is spot on. I had forgotten all about that I used to spend hours on that on my amstrad 464. Before that it was probably jet set willy.
Ah yes, I remember Jet Set Willy - the overweight plumber game! That was funny, although I doubt they could release that game now ;)

I have an urge to play Dizzy now!

Reaction score
Me too. A nice simple game with no shooting or blood and guts but still kept you entertained for hours. They don't make them like they used too.

:D

Reaction score
CIFC said:

Haha, i just routed through my box of 464 stuff and i found the tape case, can't spot the tape though...

<off to tear the house apart for it...>

Ask a Question