Your favorite classic games of all time.

Reaction score
I was wondering what are your favorite classic games of all time, any platform you like, DOS, Win95, Amega, Amstrad, Spectrum, SNES, etc

Personally I loved the interactive fiction like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Bureacracy, and also the trashy old cyberpunk games like Neuromancer, Hacker and the wonderful B.A.T. 2: The Koshan Conspiracy.

Once you've told me your favorites I'll go and source them and then test them with the methods that I've shown in the article to make sure you can get them working.

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I LOVED the Dizzy Series :) But my all time favorite, Constructor, doesn't work any more :'(

Reaction score
New Zealand story !

Anyone know where I can get a hold of it for my pc?

I also liked magic pockets and rainbow island lots.

At the moment I like playing settlers, which you could class as classic as its been around for ever!

Reaction score
Not heard of those, I'll have a look for some sources for you, and of course have a play myself :D

Reaction score
Valhalla, Sherlock and The Graphic Adventure Creator all on the 48 ZX Spectrum. Ah, those were the days when for £100 you could have the latest cutting edge technology in your own home and it came with a decent manual that actually taught you how computers worked! And decent games could be had for £1.99 (like Dizzy).

Nick

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish Sinclair who made the spectrum where still around in a large way now!

Reaction score
Elite and Exile on the BBC
Bubble Bobble on the Amiga
Bust A Move 3 or 4 on the PS1
Rez on the PS2

Reaction score
Prince of Persia has been a little fav of mine.

but then, Pong the original was always an unreal game

Reaction score
Lets all cheer for Zelda again. By far, Zelda was the best classic game because it was a great story line to follow for just a nintendo game. Now it is a big name for some things.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I did have a BBC computer for a while, remember loading games from cassettes, all I can remember of note was Chuckee Egg, which I now have a copy of for PC. It's still good :)

But the first game that really impressed me had to be Quake. The mouse control, using the WSAD keys for movement and the sheer adrenaline had me addicted.

And then Quake Two and....... Half Life. Sigh.

Favourite game of all time - Medal Of Honor Allied Assault.

First game that made me sit up and pay attention - Doom II.

Now playing - Max Payne 2, which I'm actually enjoying more than Halo :crazy:

Reaction score
MAME (Multi User Arcade Emulator) - or something like that is an excellent emulator and has literally thousands of games available for it including some mentioned here such as New Zealand Story (mentioned earlier here).

You are supposed to own the rom before you play one though unless the license has expired...so be warned. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Dragon Warrior and Bionic Commando both for NES.

Dragon Warrior was such an in-depth game for its time. One of the classic console RPGs.

Bionic Commando was just plain fun and had one of the most memorable and surprising endings of any game I've ever played (next to Final Fantasy VII, that is).

Reaction score
one of my best has to be Total Annihilation on the pc, had the game 6yrs, still play it now

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
hey, kalbal, I've heard nothing but good about Total Annihilation from lots of folks.

Now you've got me curious.

I'm fairly sure it's still available for a fiver in most Games shops, if I can find it, think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for reminding me :)

Ask a Question