Wat's your Best game of all time!

Reaction score
whats your best game of all time? Any console, any time any type of game.

For me It has to be Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time this was on the Nintendo 64. when it first came out i remember ther advert it was so cool.. ill never forget this game, how much it was so fascinating and amazing.

back in the days i remember n64 games used to cost 50quid, but i got zelda 64 from one of my mates for a score. i remember there was just ONE scratch on the box, but it didnt put me off!!! the best part of the game for me was when Link (the player) he takes the sword out from the pedestal stone, in the temple of time and becomes a FULLY grown adult. i used to love that

then there was the ocarina, the intrument used to love it. but the most weirdest part was that it took me 1 month to rearlise that Zelda was the princess! most ppl think Zelda is the geeze that plays the game, but then again who wouldnt?

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quake 1. First totally 3D fps for PC, I think. Blew me away.

Closely followed by Half Life.

Kye

Reaction score
UFO Enemy Unkown!!!!!!!!! i have been hunting for a copy ever since i took my PS1 copy back, like 5 years ago.

anyone know of a copy ( no ebay ) then i will pay much for it, since its a childhood memory!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Pro Evolution Soccer 3, Halo or Final Fantasy X. I dont think I could choose outta them 3, sorry :blush:.

Reaction score
Matt Jason H said:
Either UT (the very first one), or Deus Ex (the first one, NOT the insult that was DE2)
Yes, Deus Ex was a great game (not the best though) I'm glad someone finally agrees with my that Deus Ex2 was a joke!

Reaction score
Morrowind (Elder ScrollsIII) was one of those games that you could play for 8 hours and only stop because you had try and get some sleep before work. Then spend your time at work thinking about how bad you wanted to get home so you could put in another 8 hours. The world was so wide open, you could join guilds, take side quests etc.... Even if you didn't do the main quest, there was still so much to do. Can't wait for Elder Scrolls IV.:thumb:

Reaction score
great games guys. well here's my list:
PC platform:
1. Fallout 1 (got me started on RPG/RTS games. also got the 2nd installment of this game and the BOS. BOS is not really fallout3. got this news from kye that the people who brought us morrowwind will be developing fallout3. just hope gameplay and replay value will be the same.)
2. The Quake series. first FPS i played on the PC. been quaking eversince.;)

Consoles(PS,PS2,N64,Saturn,etc.)
1. the resident evil series. no need to say more. hehehe:thumb:
2. FF6 and FF7. hail Hironobu Sakaguchi. check this out ---> FF
3. Shenmu. cool... really cool.:cool:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hmm.... my favorite game of all it would have to be Legend of zelda: Ocarina of time, i think.

Kye

Reaction score
Morrowind was OK, but not good. it was wide and empty. the towns were pretty, but the people dull and repetative. the AI was iffy, and the combat was boring. i could easy steal glass armour in the first hour of the game, giving me a huge advantage, so huge it took playability with it.
soooo many bad points...but then again, it did take two months of my life :D

you should check out Oblivion when it comes out next year, looking very, very foward!

and having news about Deus Ex 3 should be floating around the web by now as well.

Reaction score
The original B17 (the one that went on a floppy disk) but was in 3D (just)

Worms Two

Duke Nukem 3D

JETSTRIKE!! (doubt anyones heard of it, made by ??Softkey??) It was awesome. Terrible graphics, but great!

Reaction score
Kye said:
Morrowind was OK, but not good. it was wide and empty. the towns were pretty, but the people dull and repetative. the AI was iffy, and the combat was boring. i could easy steal glass armour in the first hour of the game, giving me a huge advantage, so huge it took playability with it.
soooo many bad points...but then again, it did take two months of my life :D

you should check out Oblivion when it comes out next year, looking very, very foward!

and having news about Deus Ex 3 should be floating around the web by now as well.
AHHHHH! How dare you! Greatest game ever. Greatest I say! BUT.......I have to agree on some points you made. It was wide open and empty in some ways. But that is what I loved about it. You could be totaly lost somewhere up on a mountain and find a cave to explore. There were very few hints as what you needed to do next. You just had to figure it out. I love games like that (although most people don't). Yes, I can't wait for Oblivion. Deuse Ex 3 is news to me. Had no idea they were working on that. Hope it is better than 2.

Reaction score
erm.. unreal tournament 2004, the latest one, its great, unlimeted possibilities, when you get bored of one thing, try another. If you get bored of the whole game, trya a mod, hehe my UT systems folder is topping 10gig!!!!

Reaction score
I would say... a toss up between Q2 CTF (modded + online) and Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction (Online), but best racing game series is Gran Turismo, best racing game on pc is need for speed underground!

Kye

Reaction score
realism and gameplay are importent, but its hard too cater for everyone.

i mean, would YOU wanna walk, i mean walk not run...from one end of morrowind too the other? it will take ages, most people would find it boring or frustrating...but, some people, ( and you know who you are ) can see why somone would want too do that.

your doing somthing, you would do in real life. some people can find gameplay in realism while others see realism as the killer of gameplay? and theres different levels of that as well but if i went into it, i will be sharing my infinate wisdom...and i dont want that.

Reaction score
Alf said:
Hmm.... my favorite game of all it would have to be Legend of zelda: Ocarina of time, i think.

nice one! loved and loving the game here!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I tried Morrowind. Beautifully made game. But. I must admit, I got kinda bored with it, all that wandering, all that talking, having to stop to sleep. I got impatient, I wanted some action, and I wanted it quick.

I think, as I said, it's a very well made game and I can see it's appeal. If you want something to relax to and be constantly surprised by locations, enjoy looking at signposts and discovering stuff, then this is the game for you.

I may go back to it, if I'm feeling kinda laid back.

I also tried Neverwinter Nights, couldn't get into that at all, typical American view of Ye Olde England, if you ask me. Maybe I'll try that one again as well, never really gave it a chance.

Anybody else played Neverwinter Nights? Anybody recommend me trying some patience with it?

Kye

Reaction score
i completed neverwinter nights, im a HUGE fan of Baldurs Gate 2...and neverwinter nights is like a slimed, slightly toned down version of baldurs gate 2 : shadow of amn. neverwinter nights has a feel like its trying too appeal too a broader audience rather then the hardcore RPGer, otherwise i enjoyed playing it.

Reaction score
Final Fantasy X
Ive played every FF, and although everyone said 7 was the best i had to disagree, X got me completly involved, voice acting and story was fantastic, X-2 kinda let me down and well ... if you have played it i kinda felt gay? but once you get over the amazingly girlyness of it the battle system was fantastic it also offerd fantasic visuals for the PS2
Half Life2
while ive only just started i can already say this is by far best PC game ive ever played, most possibly apon completion ill say best game ever! its so involving and the AI is groundbreaking, never before have i shouted to myself "RUN FFS" when marines broke through my self made baricade. Also the physics engine to it is jaw dropping, everything interacts and so smooth.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I also tried Neverwinter Nights, couldn't get into that at all, typical American view of Ye Olde England, if you ask me. Maybe I'll try that one again as well, never really gave it a chance.

Anybody else played Neverwinter Nights? Anybody recommend me trying some patience with it?
I tried it and didn't take to it much at first, but after a few weeks I went back to it and gave it a go. I really enjoyed it once it got further into the story, as it gets quite strategic and involved.

I'd recommend giving it another few hours and see what you think, there are some very cool parts in it :)

Ask a Question