XP2 Problem starting computer.

Township of East Hanover

After Installing SP2 my computer wouldn't restart and the event Manager
recorded the following error:

Service Control Manager Event Id: 7026

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

AFD
ASPI32
awlegacy
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
P3
RasAcd
Rdbss
SAVRT
SYMTDI
Tcpip

Using System Restore Point got my computer going again. I installed the
production build of the patch from the Developer, Professional release.

Rui

Feng Mao

Hi Rui,

Thank you for posting!

I wonder if you have any AntiVirus or other System tools installed before
installing Service Pack 2. Such software may corrupt the upgrade process.
So please temporary disable or remove any AntiVirus software and other
system tools and it will be better to perform clean boot before the upgrade.

For more information about clean boot, please refer to KB article Q310353:
How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=310353).

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Township of East Hanover" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: XP2 Problem starting computer.
| Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:07:34 -0400
|
| After Installing SP2 my computer wouldn't restart and the event Manager
| recorded the following error:
|
| Service Control Manager Event Id: 7026
|
| The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
|
| AFD
| ASPI32
| awlegacy
| Fips
| IPSec
| MRxSmb
| NetBIOS
| NetBT
| P3
| RasAcd
| Rdbss
| SAVRT
| SYMTDI
| Tcpip
|
| Using System Restore Point got my computer going again. I installed the
| production build of the patch from the Developer, Professional release.
|
| Rui

Township of East Hanover

Hi Feng,

Thanks for the reply. I do have Symantec Antivirus Corporate 9.0 Client
installed on this machine. I will try again without the Antivirus software.

Rui

Feng Mao said:
Hi Rui,

Thank you for posting!

I wonder if you have any AntiVirus or other System tools installed before
installing Service Pack 2. Such software may corrupt the upgrade process.
So please temporary disable or remove any AntiVirus software and other
system tools and it will be better to perform clean boot before the upgrade.

For more information about clean boot, please refer to KB article Q310353:
How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=310353).

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Township of East Hanover" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: XP2 Problem starting computer.
| Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:07:34 -0400
|
| After Installing SP2 my computer wouldn't restart and the event Manager
| recorded the following error:
|
| Service Control Manager Event Id: 7026
|
| The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
|
| AFD
| ASPI32
| awlegacy
| Fips
| IPSec
| MRxSmb
| NetBIOS
| NetBT
| P3
| RasAcd
| Rdbss
| SAVRT
| SYMTDI
| Tcpip
|
| Using System Restore Point got my computer going again. I installed the
| production build of the patch from the Developer, Professional release.
|
| Rui

Feng Mao

Thank you for the supplemental information.

I hope that you can upgrade to Windows XP with Service Pack 2 successfully
at this moment.

Please post the result back.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Township of East Hanover" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: Re: XP2 Problem starting computer.
| Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:21:46 -0400
|
| Hi Feng,
|
| Thanks for the reply. I do have Symantec Antivirus Corporate 9.0 Client
| installed on this machine. I will try again without the Antivirus
software.

| Rui
|

| | > Hi Rui,
| >
| > Thank you for posting!
| >
| > I wonder if you have any AntiVirus or other System tools installed
before
| > installing Service Pack 2. Such software may corrupt the upgrade
process.
| > So please temporary disable or remove any AntiVirus software and other
| > system tools and it will be better to perform clean boot before the
| upgrade.
| >
| > For more information about clean boot, please refer to KB article
Q310353:
| > How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
| > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=310353).
| >
| > Have a good day!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Township of East Hanover" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| > | Subject: XP2 Problem starting computer.
| > | Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:07:34 -0400

sv3-wBDPPM6eYkwu4/XtGkGxDwCo4WwPQA5RUmHpa3iNavELLJTDXc3eGCB0lq0FLK0waniRXbiN

VH2Yp9z!UNrhgMU5QU8khxw8sbP3C/r7v6pSgw1CdKV8mLS3t+bbMbTyv1EeDLz4XKpwi/n1vYq6
| > oNDBPrO6!l2OBfE3ceJUO

cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-onlin

e.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.gigane

ws.com!local1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.garden.net!news.garden.net.POSTED!n
| > ot-for-mail
| > |
| > | After Installing SP2 my computer wouldn't restart and the event
Manager
| > | recorded the following error:
| > |
| > | Service Control Manager Event Id: 7026
| > |
| > | The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
| > |
| > | AFD
| > | ASPI32
| > | awlegacy
| > | Fips
| > | IPSec
| > | MRxSmb
| > | NetBIOS
| > | NetBT
| > | P3
| > | RasAcd
| > | Rdbss
| > | SAVRT
| > | SYMTDI
| > | Tcpip
| > |
| > | Using System Restore Point got my computer going again. I installed
the
| > | production build of the patch from the Developer, Professional
release.
| > |
| > | Rui
| > |