Windows XP XP Total format

Reaction score
Hi im looking for help,I am running windows xp 64 bit ans as im getting rid of my old comp i would like to total format it without leaving any thing on the h/drive, can some one explain to me how to do this please?.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Reaction score
What you need to do is perform a low level format.
This is usually supplied via the hard drive manufactuor....
however... if someone is willing to spend lots they can still retrieve partail data after doing that.
The only way to be certain is to melt the hard-drive down into a blob of slag.

Reaction score
Jaling, thank you for your responce, i was hoping that there might be a way of doing it like we use to format through DOS.

Thanks again

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hamrun said:
Jaling, thank you for your responce, i was hoping that there might be a way of doing it like we use to format through DOS.

Thanks again
yeah, you can do that, but as JaLing is trying to say ... data can be retrieved if the recipient has the time & money DOS or whatever.

If I was particularly worried, I would use a Linux "live" CD and use the SHRED command. A simpler solution would be to buy a blank new hard drive & keep the old one.

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter: Thank you mate, im not that extrime worried about the info on the comp, i just would like to format and leave the h/drive empty , and than he can decide to what to put on it.
I am sorry that maybe i didnt explain myself properly before.

Thank you again.

Ragards

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
no problem ...

Here you are ... all you need on one CD.

Have a look at the hard drive wiping tools, especially Darik's Boot and Nuke. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
hi mate, i have an other question, i have an other machine that it is running win xp 64bit and trying to reinstall xp 32 bit, but it wont allow to do that, is there a way of doing this?.
Thank you in advance

Ask a Question