Windows 7 Lost files/directories

Reaction score
Hi all, could some one help me please, i have wiped clean my C drive with a Seagate reprogram and before i did that i disconnected the second H/drive to make sure there will be no problems with that drive, I reinstalled windows 7 ultimate than i turned comp off and reconnected the second drive, booted up and the files on the second drive were there, than i rebooted again and most if the files on the second drive disappeared,any one knows what could of happened and how i could get them back please,.

I have used a recovery program and it did find the short cuts to them but not the files.:wall:

Thank you in advance

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Data files like documents, music, videos, and such, should be no problem. If you had any programs installed on the second drive, they will need to be reinstalled.

Try using Windows 'logo key' +F, you can perform a better search.

As a side note, Win 7 has a very good "repair" function, it's not Win XP.

:user:

Reaction score
Data files like documents, music, videos, and such, should be no problem. If you had any programs installed on the second drive, they will need to be reinstalled.

Try using Windows 'logo key' +F, you can perform a better search.

As a side note, Win 7 has a very good "repair" function, it's not Win XP.

:user:
That's great mate... i used the logo+F and did find them, but i still cant get to them as it is saying that the path is cant be found, it tells me were they were but it doesn't say were they are, when i click on the file it is saying as i said above.
Thank you again mate

Reaction score
Hi EvenDavis,just d/loaded that Recuva and running it now , not sure if it works as as far as i know i didn't delete anything or moved,somehow:cheers: the comp did that, so i have my fingers and every thing else crossed hoping it works.
Thank you mate

Reaction score
Hi EvanDavis
Sorry to say no luck i have d/loaded Revuca and installed it 3 time ,always when run it and it comes to the third stage on 90% it say that it has an error and it shut down.
I am confused with what's happening though , as the search on Win7 finds them but when i click on the files it say they're not there.

Regards

Ask a Question