XP recognizes usb device, but can't install driver

the entertainer

I have just purchased a flash drive, printer and digital camera. When
plug one of them into the usb port, a little box pops up in the syste
tray saying that so and so usb device was found. When the add ne
hardware wizard pops up, I go to install it and half way through th
installation, a window pops up and says the driver is not "signed" b
XP and I click continue anyway. The installation process seems t
finish but than the last screen comes up and says the installatio
could not be completed becuase the diver is not for this platform.
have called sony & Dell tech. support and they were no help at all. I'
hoping one of you guys (or gals) know what to do. HHHEEEEEEEELLLPPP!!!!

NoNoBadDog!

You should read the installation instructions.

With a USB Device, you need to install the drivers *BEFORE* you connect the
device to the computer for the first time.

In the future, I would suggest you read the documentation that is included
with any new devices you are trying to connect to your computer.

Bobby

the entertainer

"the entertainer" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I have just purchased a flash drive, printer and digital camera. Whe
plug one of them into the usb port, a little box pops up in th
system
tray saying that so and so usb device was found. When the add new
hardware wizard pops up, I go to install it and half way through the
installation, a window pops up and says the driver is not "signed" by
XP and I click continue anyway. The installation process seems to
finish but than the last screen comes up and says the installation
could not be completed becuase the diver is not for this platform. I
have called sony & Dell tech. support and they were no help at all
I'm
hoping one of you guys (or gals) know what to do
HHHEEEEEEEELLLPPP!!!!!
I did try before. Sorry for not clarifin