XP death screen

Reaction score
Hello, i'm working on a friends computer and noticed that she's got a 10G hhd with 8.9g's full. whenever i start windows i get the blue screen when i log in under the admin account. i've found that if i log in on a sub account, then switch to the admin account, the comp will work until i try to add\delete programs. I've installed and ran AVG and came up with 2 trojans that it cleaned. But everytime i try to start the comp, no matter how, ie. safe mode, last known good config..... i still get the same, blue screen. I'm thinking that its a prob with not having space for the swap files. My question is, if i do an install, will i be able to find some of the data on it, or is there a way of starting up from an msdos disk i have and pulling those files off so i can do a fresh install.
Another thought i've had is installing that hhd into my comp and trying to pull the data off, but not sure if that would work. anyone out there have some advice to share. Thank you.

Ask a Question