Xfire Sold to Titan Gaming.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i got this message from Xfire just as i logged off last night...
System Broadcast:
Xfire was bought by new owners today. Most of the team that has built Xfire over the last six years is leaving. We enjoyed working for you for the last 127 releases and wish we could stay to create the next 127. Good bye, good luck, and game on. --- The Xfire Team

Shame really, i confess to using Steam more now than Xfire, The things that Steam doesn't do that xfire does, like only tracks stream bought games & only joining friends in games with steam bought games are the 2 things that need to be addressed for it to be a real replacement.

I just hope xfire dosn't go the way of All Seeing Eye... :(

This is on the Xfire homepage...
Titan Gaming acquires Xfire.
August 2, 2010--Titan Gaming acquires Xfire.
Titan will be taking on the Xfire name, with a focus towards ongoing innovation in the gaming space. The Xfire services will continue uninterrupted for its users. Xfire redefined how gamers communicate, Titan intends to build upon this tradition and utilize the Xfire platform to help gaming companies better engage their users. We look forward to continuing and expanding upon the Xfire service.
http://www.xfire.com/

http://kotaku.com/5602816/xfire-sold-off-development-team-leaving

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's hope they keep improving it. It does seem strange that most of the team are leaving right away, especially the guy leading it - you'd think they'd want some continuity?

Fingers crossed...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah thats the bit that worries me too. Makes you wonder.....

Ask a Question