xbox dillema

Reaction score
Im in a bit of a pickle, I'm not sure wether or not to get a brand new Xbox 360 Premium on Play.com with a free game OR to get a second hand Xbox 360 Elite off of ebay with a few extras chucked in

Both work out at around the same price, and the new xbox premium has a HD port now, and il be graced with a fresh warranty and knowing it is brand new so their wont be anuything wrong with it.

Please voice your opinions and lemme know what you would do

Thanks

G

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IMO, get it new. They break too easy...... ;)

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Even though it is a Premium compared to an Elite :O

The Elite may have a few extra's chucked in, but you never know the condition it is in, or why the seller is selling it..You might by it and it lasts you half a day..

Reaction score
Yeh fair point, the new Xbox premium has a HD port now, the only difference is that the elite is black and has a 120gb HD

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah you should get a new one really, although getting one cheaper is quite appealing as you will save alot of money, but would you buy a second hand PC off ebay? with no warranty?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Yeah you should get a new one really, although getting one cheaper is quite appealing as you will save alot of money, but would you buy a second hand PC off ebay? with no warranty?

Yeah I would, bought two infact. Both still running, one for two years and one for four years.

Go for the new x-box G-Man. Better still put the money towards a super gaming pc.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Better still put the money towards a super gaming pc.

happywave.gif

lol for about the 10th time today I am 2nding something..Games are far better on a super duper rig...:nod: :thumb:

Reaction score
I had a super duper rig and it got outdated really really quickly, a lot of money for nothing!

Atleast with consoles you know you are going to be running games at the best of their capability for the life of the console, and with me going to university I dont really fancy lugging a big ass PC around with me, was planning on getting a laptop!

I almost had an impulse buy and bought the Halo edition xbox! I thought better of it though and am waiting for play.com to stock up on top spin 3 so I can buy it in a bundle for the same price as buying one alone

Reaction score
nah mate im all for a 2nd hand one

but not off of ebay if u can help it

look at loot.com
and gumtree.co.uk

someone local go over check it's working etc
and then pay em cash
haggle the price

Reaction score
Some good websites there PSD, I even put on some sofa's im trying to get rid of!

Now, im thinking wether or not I should just go for the plunge and buy the Xbox elite brand new, I have heard that soon you will be able to store games on the HD, therefore the 120gb HD will be necessary.

Do you know of any good websites where I good bundles are available?

Thanks

Reaction score
I took the plunge!

Thanks to Waynos, I found a good deal at www.game.co.uk

I got a brand new xbox 360 elite, Halo 3 and GTA4 for £290

These were two games I was going to get anyway, now all I need is to buy GRID and xbox live membership and il be ready to melt your faces!

Thanks for the input guys, now I cant wait untill pro evo 2009 comes out!

Geo

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Some good websites there PSD, I even put on some sofa's im trying to get rid of!

Now, im thinking wether or not I should just go for the plunge and buy the Xbox elite brand new, I have heard that soon you will be able to store games on the HD, therefore the 120gb HD will be necessary.

Thanks

gumtree is brilliant

I'm looking for a Nintendo Wii on there plus the Loot website.

As for the hard drive you can currently save games on to it. Right now it's either 20 gb drive or a 120 gb drive which comes with the elite

soon MS will be realeasing consoles with 60 gb drives.

You can't plug an external hard drive into the xbox and save games on to it

as you know they are rip off merchants
it costs something like 80 quid for the 120gb drive and a whopping 50 quid for the 20gb drive
but there is a hack out which involves a certain wd drive which costs 30 quid its 120gb one

once you modify the firmware plus a little more on the drive it allows you to save games on to it
although I aint done it formyself ive been thinking about it :)

anyways enjoy the console

ive been playing legoland indiana jones really good game :)

Reaction score
I was a little unclear, I meant that you can soon download games off of xbox live onto your HD. Maybe they already do this but still a cool feature :)

Nintendo Wii's are good fun, the novelty does wear off though, I have one myself and you have to be in the mood to play it, which a lot of the time I am not. It is a good laugh with your friends though!

Can you recomend any other games I should get, I was looking a DIRT, Bioshock and Gears of War. Any others?

Reaction score
Call of duty 4, Fifa 2008 and Fight night round 3.

Fight night is one of the best games in my opinion. :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah 2nd fight night 3 is a bit boring when you become really good at it, unless you have some friends who are pretty good as well.

Mass Effect, Call of Duty 3 (should be able to get that for about £5)

Reaction score
Gears of War 2 will be available soon

Defo the Halo range.... Halo Wars looks awsome, thats due soon also.

And I totally agree with other recommendations here....

Btw when my Elite returns you lot can look me up.... LiB MK2

Ask a Question