wuauclt.exe popup

Philippe from Belgium

I did a factory recovering on my Medion Pc from 2004 with Windows XP Home
edition SP3 2002 installed. After the recovery with the recovery cd now there
is always a popup with an error window wuauclt.exe fault. I click on it but 5
sec later the popup is there again. I try anything but the problem still come
back after some sec. I tryed to restore to the factory settings but the
problem still exist. I there any patch that repare this error in the
automatic update? I have now turn out the automatic updates because it don't
work anymore. What can I do ?
A desparately Windows user.

Philippe
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 SP3

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Hi Philippe,

Please post the exact error message as seen on the screen. Was there a
module name (.DLL file) mentioned in the crash?

Philippe from Belgium

Hi Ramesh, there is no crash only a popup that came back constantly. I try to
translate because I'm flemish. This is the error message
"in wuaulct.exe is a problem and needs to close. Our exuses for this
inconvenience" after this I send a rapport and close the popup but after 3
sec its back. No DLL file is mentioned. I could send a printscreen to you but
I have no address to send.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Srinivasan said:
Hi Philippe,

Please post the exact error message as seen on the screen. Was there a
module name (.DLL file) mentioned in the crash?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
Supporting Windows® 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com

Philippe from Belgium said:
I did a factory recovering on my Medion Pc from 2004 with Windows XP Home
edition SP3 2002 installed. After the recovery with the recovery cd now
there
is always a popup with an error window wuauclt.exe fault. I click on it
but 5
sec later the popup is there again. I try anything but the problem still
come
back after some sec. I tryed to restore to the factory settings but the
problem still exist. I there any patch that repare this error in the
automatic update? I have now turn out the automatic updates because it
don't
work anymore. What can I do ?
A desparately Windows user.

Philippe
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 SP3

Thanks in advance

Philippe from Belgium

Hi Ramesh, here more information on the fault:
Signature of the fault:
szAppName : wuauclt.exe szAppVer : 7.2.6001.788 szModName : esent.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.5512 offset : 0005d14c
If I click on report I got this:
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\wuauclt.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\appcompat.txt

Ihope you can help me further. I saw in a earlyer post and on the net that
this is not a stand alone problem why Microsoft don't fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

Philippe from Belgium said:
I did a factory recovering on my Medion Pc from 2004 with Windows XP Home
edition SP3 2002 installed. After the recovery with the recovery cd now
there
is always a popup with an error window wuauclt.exe fault. I click on it
but 5
sec later the popup is there again. I try anything but the problem still
come
back after some sec. I tryed to restore to the factory settings but the
problem still exist. I there any patch that repare this error in the
automatic update? I have now turn out the automatic updates because it
don't
work anymore. What can I do ?
A desparately Windows user.

Philippe
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 SP3

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Hi Philippe,

See if running the WU Reset Tool from Microsoft helps.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-update-fix-reset-utility/

Ramesh Srinivasan said:
Hi Philippe,

Please post the exact error message as seen on the screen. Was there a
module name (.DLL file) mentioned in the crash?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
Supporting Windows® 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com

"Philippe from Belgium" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Philippe from Belgium

Hi Ramesh, I run the reset tool in agresiv mode from Microsoft . Now I'm can
do the updates but after restart the popup was there again so I turned of the
update service because this make it stop the error popup. It seems its a big
problem :-(

Thanks for the help

wrote in message
[...]

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Hi Philippe,
edition SP3 2002 installed.

After a factory reset, you may have to reinstall the Service Packs (assuming
that the factory disks don't include SP3) and all the updates from WU. See
if fully updating Windows by visiting the Windows Update website helps. That
might work, as there are specific ESENT.DLL updates (don't have the KB
number now) issued by Microsoft.

wrote in message
Hi Ramesh, here more information on the fault:
Signature of the fault:
szAppName : wuauclt.exe szAppVer : 7.2.6001.788 szModName :
esent.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.5512 offset : 0005d14c
If I click on report I got this:
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\wuauclt.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\appcompat.txt

Ihope you can help me further. I saw in a earlyer post and on the net
that
this is not a stand alone problem why Microsoft don't fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

Philippe from Belgium

Dear Ramesh, I think the problem is gone. That's what I did: search on the
net and found :
http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/help-windows-system32-wuauclt-exe-t84218.html There I saw :

http://rapidshare.com/files/139602426/wuauclt.rar.html

I also got same issue and copied same files from diffrent system and it
worked, if you dont have sys download from above link

I downloaded the files and it seems working till now. I can update and have
no popups . We will see.

Will wait some time and will reply if it continue to work. I hope and cross
fingers)

Thanks very much for your help .

Philippe

wrote in message
Hi Ramesh, here more information on the fault:
Signature of the fault:
szAppName : wuauclt.exe szAppVer : 7.2.6001.788 szModName :
esent.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.5512 offset : 0005d14c
If I click on report I got this:
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\wuauclt.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Philippe\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER55bf.dir00\appcompat.txt

Ihope you can help me further. I saw in a earlyer post and on the net
that
this is not a stand alone problem why Microsoft don't fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Hi Philippe,

Glad that the issue is fixed. Downloading an executable from an unknown
source is not recommended. The suggested method to update the system files
is via the Windows Update website. Fully patching your system (via WU) would
issue an updated version of the AU client (wuauctl.exe).

Philippe from Belgium said:
Dear Ramesh, I think the problem is gone. That's what I did: search on the
net and found :
http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/help-windows-system32-wuauclt-exe-t84218.html
There I saw :

http://rapidshare.com/files/139602426/wuauclt.rar.html

I also got same issue and copied same files from diffrent system and it
worked, if you dont have sys download from above link

I downloaded the files and it seems working till now. I can update and
have
no popups . We will see.

Will wait some time and will reply if it continue to work. I hope and
cross
fingers)

Thanks very much for your help .

Philippe

Hi Philippe,

wrote in message
Hi Ramesh, I run the reset tool in agresiv mode from Microsoft . Now
I'm
can
do the updates but after restart the popup was there again so I turned
of
the
update service because this make it stop the error popup. It seems its
big
problem :-(

Thanks for the help

Philippe from Belgium

-Fully patching your system (via WU) would
issue an updated version of the AU client (wuauctl.exe).-

Dear Ramesh,
I did a full update but the problem was still there so I searched on the
net. I had installed the SP3 also but nothing was fixed. I don't know why
this was not working. I will store this 2 files till there is an solution by
Microsoft so if I do a factory restore I can use this 2 files. I think this
will be a problem many people will have in the future when they do a repare
or factory restore on the Windows XP Home edition vers 2002. I hope Microsoft
will make a patch to install the good "wuaulct" files.

Thanks for all the help

Philippe

Philippe from Belgium said:
Dear Ramesh, I think the problem is gone. That's what I did: search on the
net and found :
http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/help-windows-system32-wuauclt-exe-t84218.html
There I saw :

http://rapidshare.com/files/139602426/wuauclt.rar.html

I also got same issue and copied same files from diffrent system and it
worked, if you dont have sys download from above link

I downloaded the files and it seems working till now. I can update and
have
no popups . We will see.

Will wait some time and will reply if it continue to work. I hope and
cross
fingers)

Thanks very much for your help .

Philippe