Would this Info be considered as a successful overclock?

Reaction score
hey guys i built my new pc with no problems what so ever! it goes pretty nicley and stuff with no prpblems really. i overclocked the processor to make it 4800+ speeds (i think) of a x2 amd dual core. the one i overclocked is a 4200+. i did it and do u guys think this is a successful overclock? look at the pictures. one has the temperature on it the other is cpu-z the whole system tempurate is around 45-47 C.

do u guys think it is too hot? right now it is on 110% should i make it 105%? or 108%? or as low as 103%?

Last edited:
Reaction score
also if it is not what tempurature should i be in the scale for as for system? because now get up to 49C if i am playing games and stuff.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Personally I see no point in OCing, and I would strongly advise a "running in" period if you insist on OCing. But I'm sure some of the OCers here will be more than pleased to help.

I happy for you just to get it all together and up-n-running, so enjoy your new system.

;)

PS, as official pimper, when are you putting FaD on and joining the happy crunchers. running FaD will give your system a bloody good workout, but watch the temps.

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is that 45-47 for the case temp? Thats a bit high i think. Have you got an exuast fan on the rear?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks pretty good to me :)

Except your system temp is a little high, consider some case fans.

Any CPU temp at full load of 50C or below is considered OK.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats pretty good but as the others said its getting a tad warm, what cooler do you have ?

Reaction score
uhh i have the cpu fan/heatsink that came with it, i also have 3 case fans, 2 120mm and 1 80mm . is it alright if i put the 120 mm backwords so the hot air comes out through front and the cooler air comes in through the back? also the 80mm case fan is on the window. if thats all kool then i successfully overclocked to 4800+ speeds......SWEET! thx for help guys

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you can have the fans how you want, have a play and see what works best, but it make sense to have the rear fans to exhaust as they are higher and hot air rises and the front as an intake to blow cold air over the HD's, the side fan can do whatever you find works best

Reaction score
what if cpu temperature is around 49 playing games? is that wayy too much just for the cpu? what should the cpu temp be around?

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
when under sustained load from gaming or anything CPU intensive you really want to keep it as cool as possible, not 49 isnt way too hot but i would aim for low 40's under 100% load, just by changing the HSF you'll drop the temps down to that sort of range

Reaction score
"just by changing the HSF you'll drop the temps down to that sort of range"

what is HSF? how do you change it exactly?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
HSF = Heat Sink Fan.

It sits on top of your CPU. Change the stock one for something better. :)

Ask a Question