Samsung F3 1TB SATA HDD From Overclock

CSB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well the story starts when I ordered 2 X 1TB Samsung HDDs, one arrived with the HDDs anti static clear plastic case shattered on one side, as if it had been dropped, well there is no way I'm waiting a few weeks down the road for it to fail.

So I asked for it to be replaced, sent it back via recorded, and they sent out another they said, the replacement was only sent out after they received the first one.

Here is where it gets concerning, upon checking this "replacement", I noticed it had the same S/N number, so have you guessed yet ?. Yep!, they sent me the same one back from what I can see, as I'm pretty sure every HDD is given its own S/N number, the other HDD which I had from the first time has a different number.

I've emailed overclock and I feel like emailing Samsung just to confirm that this HDD should have a different number.

All details on the HDD are identical to the one I sent back.

What do you guys/gals think ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You sure do seem to get a lot of hard luck don't you? And all with OCUK, I never have known anybody have so much bad luck with one supplier.

You know, it's quite odd because in all the years I ordered stuff from OCUK I never experienced one case of bad packing.

And I thought you'd stopped using OCUK :confused:

Are you sure the number you're looking at is the serial number? If you're positive it is then yes, every hard disk serial number is unique.

Did you take a picture of the hard disk you returned or just noted down the serial number and perhaps some other details?

If the hard disk works well initially then it's unlikely to fail because of damage sustained in transit, any faults would probably be immediately apparent.

Also, Samsung give a three year warranty I believe and it's easier to deal direct with Samsung for an RMA than it would be to deal with OCUK, this is common practice. You would have to pay postage to send it though if you dealt with any hard disk manufacturer directly, that's just the way it is.

Myself, I honestly couldn't be bothered with all the kerfuffle and would just use the hard disk.

Is it going to be used for an OS or storage?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
You sure do seem to get a lot of hard luck don't you? And all with OCUK, I never have known anybody have so much bad luck with one supplier.

I was gonna say, never know somebody to have such bad luck...

CSB

Reaction score
I have stopped using OCUK, who still carried on ignoring my last email about 2 weeks ago, and yes they are still as bad as people have been saying. Infact it reminds me to close my account on that site.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just send it back for a refund under the DSR...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CSB said:
... but it does make me wonder with society, how many decent people there are left out there. In years to come, you can only imagine what todays children are going to grow up in.

My Grandad said that.

And, well, here I am all these years later and waddya know? There are still good people about ;)

Easy to be negative, harder to be positive.....

Floppyarse_Bootus_Stompicus, Wapping Steppes, July 2009 ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CSB said:
Very true FBS, very easy to be negative and much harder to be positive, but when you've had a life like mine, you'd probably forgive me lol, I'm working on it though
icon7.gif

[/img].

Everybody's had a life like yours, you're not unique, it just hits us at different levels, is all.

We're human, we're unique and we all get bad crap and good crap.

No excuse to be a hater though :)

Ask a Question