Excel Word (and Excel) freezes when copy/pasting

Reaction score
Hi.... I wonder if you can help me.... I am having a problem with my word (2002) and excel (2002) programs locking up when I try to copy and paste. It only seems to lockup the first time that day that I use the copy function. Once I restart the program again, I can copy and paste with no issues but the first time every day that I copy the program locks up.

I use XP service pack 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Rob

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes if you try and copy/paste something from the internet it can take a while to paste, as word/excel looks up the images etc... from the net very slowly. Was it something big you were pasting?

Reaction score
Thanks Ian... but it happens even if I try to cut and paste within the same Word Document. Even if I select a single character. So no... the problem happens regardless of the size of info being copied. Any other ideas? I can copy/paste within notepad, so I don't think it is a clipboard problem.

Ask a Question