Series fill only copying and fill series greyed out

Reaction score
I was successful in getting some of the sheet to work with a fill series to start with but now it is not working at all, I have tried sorting it with the answers and comments made for others that I found here but nothing works - I am using Excel 2002 - a very old version but it works for me (usually until now) when I right click on the fill I only get the option to select Copy cells / Fill formatting only / Fill without formatting or if I highlight a group in the series that I want to copy and continue the series the fill series is greyed out - now I tried checking for filters - although I have no idea what that is I followed the instructions and even trying the show all it is greyed out - getting frustrated as the series I want to fill is a mixture of numbers and letters - which as I said worked successfully last week but now doesn't work and I have another 1023 rows to fill in which will take ages manually entering - mind you the fill series will appear there if a start a new numerical series but I need to continue with the format I was using(732-AA through to 732-EO and need to continue on from 732-EP etc)
Any help appreciated - Regards Maggie

Reaction score
I decided to do a different number format using all numbers so I could get my sheets done - had to manually change everything on my printed sheets - but if anyone does have an answer I would appreciate it so I know how to fix it in the future.
Regards Maggie

Ask a Question