Cut & Paste in Excel without erasing cell borders?

Reaction score
www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/cut-and-paste-without-taking-borders.3255831/

So, MicroSoft... Twelve Years have gone by. Any progress??

There still seems to be no efficient way to do a simple cut and paste in a spreadsheet without having to do triage on the cell borders that are destroyed when the data is removed from them.

Many of us use Excel to produce forms to convey information. The idea is that by entering data into a spreadsheet, we can take advantage of a computer and software to process and format it into usable information. Your marketing staff seems to understand there is a need for easy-to-use features and functionality, as they promise them to us all the time.

I spend a lot of time on repetitive tasks which are required to defeat the mediocrity of your software design and implementation.

Why don't you care?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to PC Review @Grettle :)

I can understand your frustration, it's something that bothers me too. Have you tried Format Painter to remedy the cells afterwards? It's a much quicker way to fix them than doing each cell individually.

Ask a Question