Woolworths to be relaunched online

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'd agree, Woolies online service used to be very good :thumb: I wonder would it still be so, when it is under "Shop Direct?" I don't think I've ever ordered from them, or "Littlewoods."

In other countries, Woolworth's is still going strong. A friend in Oz, told me that there, they mainly sell groceries.

Reaction score
Shopping on line can`t be the same experience as going into a Woolies store and walking around just looking and commenting on the goods on offer. Or just some where to go to get out of the rain when one is on holiday,no online catalogue can compeat with that.

historian.

Reaction score
No your right mate. However I would rather see them online again, albeit owned by a diffrent company and trading under that name than not at all

Reaction score
Woollies never kept up with the times, and didn't evolve with the internet taking alot of their business away.

They sold a wide range of stuff at a fairly expensive price.

Business model bad = business goes away.

Shame.

27,000 people are now unemployed because of it. I always had a soft spot for Woollies, and they sold hte best pick 'n' mix in the country by miles.

Hopefully it can survive now and be revived. Not the same though.

Ask a Question