Woolworths makes its comeback today

Reaction score
crazylegs said:

WoooHooo.gif

Pic & Mix...I've been missing thatsince Woolies closed....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Call me cold hearted but who on earth cares about an on-line store called Woolworths. As for pick-n-mix Kendal indoor market sells em. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dead but it won't lay down... :rolleyes:

I'm sure some supermarkets do pick n mix.... mebbe not.

Thorpe Park does :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Dead but it won't lay down... :rolleyes:

I'm sure some supermarkets do pick n mix.... mebbe not.

Thorpe Park does :)

Other shops may doo it, but its not the same as Woolies Pick & Mix.....

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Other shops may doo it, but its not the same as Woolies Pick & Mix.....
When i worked for Woolworths many years ago it was known as Pick & Nick!!

Reaction score
feckit said:
When i worked for Woolworths many years ago it was known as Pick & Nick!!

"Checks to see if Chrisp isn't online" you are not the only one mate..MAny a erm free taster was had in Woolies....:p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Woolies didn't have the monopoly on Pick-n-mix, however, there were a lot of Woolworth around. ;)

WHSmifs have taken over the market share after the demise of Woolies, they ain't matchin Woolies 200mil turnover, but they ain't shirkin off the 50mil they expect to earn this year. This is just for the pick-n-mix sales. wow :D

So, if you still wanna get some pick-n-mix, pop into WHSmifs. :thumb:

:user:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Woolworths for me was a meeting place..damm if i could afford anything...and i never pinched anything in my life :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
Woolworths for me was a meeting place..damm if i could afford anything...and i never pinched anything in my life :)

Therein lies a tale:)

I got nicked for shoplifting from Woolworths at Victoria in 1965.

Dragged down the nick, locked in a cell, my old man had to collect me - bummer :(

What nobody knew at the time is that I was playing truant with the school bully and he threatened me in no uncertain manner that when he was nicked I better own up to it too and he laid some of the goods on me. I han't nicked a damn thing.

He told me that as he had three prior convictions he'd go down if he took the rap all by himself.

So I was charged and duly appeared at Sloane Street Juvenile Court where I received a stern ticking off, a ten shilling fine and a conditional discharge.

That was a whole week's paper round money :mad:

And what happened to the other fella?

His ruse didn't work, he served three months in Borstal near Ashford in Kent, the wazzock. He ended up in the army, hopefully he was shot somewhere :D

Many years later, I told me Dad the truth. He replied 'I had a feeling that was the case'. Hmm.

And where was I working today? Why, just near Sloane Street juvenile Court, lol, Cadogan Street.

What goes around comes around :)

Ask a Question