Should games be given an 18 certificate

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not played it myself so I can't really comment on the game - however one of the last paragraph sums up my thoughts:

Whether video games have a bigger psychological effect than movies – which, if you consider the likes of Saw, Wolf Creek and Hostel can be just as ‘unremittingly bleak’ and ‘casually sadistic’ – is an argument that will rumble on.

If this game was not actually released then you'd think it must have been really bad, there are some really gory/violent films that have been released so you'd assume it must have been deemed worse. At the end of the day, if a game was enough to make someone go on a rampage they must be a bit of a nutter already - but I agree it's sensible to have ratings to protect kids that shouldn't be able to buy the game.

Reaction score
I agree with Ian. Playing a game would not make someone go out on some sort of murdering spree if they wern't already a tad unstable!! I play pro evo and project gotham and i don't play football like ronaldo or hurl my car round corners at 100mph.

It's the people that make the game that should be checked by psychiatrists!! haha.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think ratings are probably a good idea.

It might shut up all those dorks who want violent computer games banned.

I am so influenced by violent movies, violent computer games, violent song lyrics and hidden satanic messages in them naughty heavy metal and rap records that I think you best wrap me up in cotton wool and lock me in a darkened room.

I probably won't harm anybody then :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Did I get this right ? At the monment games are given a certificate by folk who do not even play the game . Typical british leadership . Idiocy of the first order .

Yes I think games should be given certificates . While the delivery of these may not be perfect it would give folk a way to see if the game would be suitable for them .

user.gif

Ask a Question