Half Life: Alyx Announced

News Half Life: Alyx Announced

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

Half Life: Alyx Announced - 12 years after Half Life 2: Episode 2, Valve release a new Half Life game

The Half Life series has been one of the most popular gaming franchises of all time, however the story ended abruptly nearly 12 years ago with Half Life 2: Episide 2. Fans have been clamouring for Half Life 3 for years, with an endless supply of memes, false starts and April fools jokes about the game.

However, there is finally some good news... Valve have announced Half Life: Alyx, one of their flagship VR games. Given the gravity gun mechanics of the previous games and the Valve VR...

Read more about this resource...

Reaction score
I was curious so I ran the Steam/Valve VR test tool

Basic I guess but it pass's me with flying colours.
Hmm anyone got a sapre £400 for headset and bits?

Attachments

• -24.jpg
    -24.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 282

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh good work! My PC scrapes in with a 960GTX.

I've got an Oculus Quest, so once they release the PC link capability there's a chance this may work for me without any additional equipment - albeit on lowish settings.

Did you play HL2, @TriplexDread?

Reaction score
Yeah I loved HL series. Although I could only play them for 30 40 mins at a time I used to gett really bad motion sickness with them
No idea how I would feel using a VR set. Not on my prority list anyway tbh

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you got motion sickness when playing on a PC, I think you might find VR barf inducing :(. Would be fun to try out for a little bit though, but the locomotion element can take some getting used to.

Reaction score
If you got motion sickness when playing on a PC, I think you might find VR barf inducing :(. Would be fun to try out for a little bit though, but the locomotion element can take some getting used to.

Yeah I bet. Be worth having a go though. Take some sickness pills ;) lol

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Valve Index® VR Kit

I thought about treating myself to one of these but decided to wait for a while possibly until they bring out a version 2.

Also had a serious look at the Oculus Quest and would buy one if I was a tad richer. As I will probably only buy one VR set I recon I will wait for the next Index or even some new player to the field.

:cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Valve Index looks amazing... but that price :eek: .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The Valve Index looks amazing... but that price :eek: .
Yup that is some price. I think I will start selling stuff on E-Bay and see if I can raise that much. It will take me a while so maybe version 2 will be out by the time I have saved up.:D

Ask a Question