Intel 8th-gen CPU Launch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After the recent AMD revival (thanks to Ryzen), Intel have upped their game by increasing the core count for their 8th Gen mobile processors. We're still waiting on the details for desktop CPUs, we'll no doubt see more of the same.

Intel doubles number of processor cores on laptop chips
  • New chips are response to AMD’s upcoming Ryzen Mobile
  • Revealed laptop chips are 40% more powerful than 7th-gen equivalents and twice as fast as five-year-old equivalents
  • Line-up is mix of different Intel architectures for the first time
  • No information on 8th-gen Coffee Lake desktop processors
Intel’s first drip of information on its new 8th-generation chips will be music to the ears of people looking to buy a laptop before the start of 2018. From 7th-generation ‘Kaby Lake’ to 8th-gen ‘Kaby Lake’ (you read that right, we’ll explain later, we promise), Intel is claiming a “once in a decade” performance boost of 40% generation-over-generation.

Read mote at: http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/intel-8th-gen-core-specs-technology-explained-2952599

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the desktop CPUs look later in the year, as it may finally be a good time to upgrade my trusty 5 year old i5-3570k :lol:. It's lasted me so well that I can see it doing a few more years, easily :D.

Ask a Question