WMail not sending

jimbolewis

Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.

I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
Trend Micro, no change.

My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
works fine sending and receiving.

Any ideas?

Gary VanderMolen

After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items folder?
What happens when you send an email message to yourself?

That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
then recreate that account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jimbolewis" wrote in message
Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.

I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
Trend Micro, no change.

My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
works fine sending and receiving.

Any ideas?

jimbolewis

Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried sending an
email to myself and it doesn't work.

I will try your suggestion and will post back.

Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

Thanks for reporting back. Let us know whether deleting and recreating
the account works. Be sure to restart Windows Mail in between, or else
it will resurrect the old account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jimbolewis" wrote in message
Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried sending an
email to myself and it doesn't work.

I will try your suggestion and will post back.

Thanks.

orangecami

jimbolewis said:
Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.

I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
Trend Micro, no change.

My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
works fine sending and receiving.

Any ideas?

jimbolewis

I just downloaded and changed to Windows Live Mail and I still have the same
problem, I am really stumped. What am I missing?

Gary VanderMolen

Then it's not a problem with the email program. Be sure to uninstall any
third party security software. If either Norton or McAfee antivirus was
ever installed on that computer, their uninstall must be followed up by
running a special clean-up utility"

McAfee:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Norton:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Since running without a security program is only advisable for brief tests,
I recommend downloading and installing this free program:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

If the problem continues, do you have an alternate SMTP server you can try?
You can get a free account from Gmail in order to try its SMTP server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

jimbolewis

OK, I went back to my IP and went over everything, they have no more
suggestions, I am satisfied it is not the IP's problem.

I went back to a restore point before the last windows update and I still
have the same problem.

Is there an internal file that can become corrupt and cause this?

Still am stumped