Wireless won't connect? help

Reaction score
Hi Peoples,

First time trying to set up Wirless on Sony Vaio and it was all working fine for a few days then it just stopped conencting? It keeps trying to acquire network address and just never connects. I can plug in the network cable into the router and it works fine but I still cannot connect the wireless.

It is wep enabled and I have double checked the keys - I have un/reinstalled the software but still no luck.

Any bright ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tangles :~)

Reaction score
Tangles :~)

try this first. open control panel, then internet options, connections and on the bottom there is a lan button. click on this and check let windows automatically detect settings.

what type of router are you using and what card are you using? did you wep encrypt it? did you system restore to that first day? or reboot to a good configuration?

jim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Look towards the bottom right hand of the screen... you should a moniter with lines next to it.... [ ] ))) right click the icon and select "Repair" If repair fails at renewing IP address, look on manufactuers website for updated driver.

Reaction score
Thanks guys -

The router is an overbranded wanadoo system ( Wanndoo it all in one! modem etc all housed in the same case. Product name is INVENTEL version : v5.04.3-uk thats all I can find when I go into its system information.

I have a sony Viao machine and the wireless card is Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network.

The gremlins are in the live box I think as at the present I can be sitting beside the router and the view wireless connections won't find my router but it will find the one accross the road.

Then out of no where it connects to the router and works fine for a while. When it drops out I can try and repair the connection but it still won't connect and I end up with the same problem again.

Friends come over and there system which work fine at home have the same issues and cannot access the wireless system either - Lan connection is great!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at a loss:~(

Reaction score
I have also checked on the manufacturers website and I do have the most up too date driver so have ruled that one out

:~)

Thanks guys!

Ask a Question