Wireless Keyboards

Reaction score
Looks good now see if ebuyer can get it cheaper. No wait they suck nowadays.

Similar to the keyboard I got except mine has lots of dead skin in it. Get yourself either Logitech as linked or Microsoft

Reaction score
FYI I have had both Microsoft and Logitech. The difference I found was the Microsoft one had a much better range. IMO if range comes into it get yourself a Microsoft one.

Reaction score
Hi WF, & psd99,

psd99,

Thanks for your repleis.

I think I will go ahead with a microsoft one as I want to use it across the room, do Logitech do any ones with a better wireless range or not?

WF,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be using it across the room so range is important, and also I don't want the cables either.

Thanks,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
wizkid said:
I will be using it across the room so range is important, and also I don't want the cables either.

Well no, you wouldn't want cables with a wireless keyboard would you?
laughingsmiley.gif

I use This combo with my media PC and I think both the keyboard and mouse are very good indeed.

You can get that model in Staples and Comet for a similar price as well, I think I paid £20.00 for mine from Staples. It's range is ok, certainly goes from the sofa to the PC ok :D

It's personal preference, really, that decides between Microsoft and Logitech, mostly to do with the feel of the keys. I've had one MS keyboard and didn't like it at all, but that's just me.

I'm actually not using that keyboard atm, I'm sharing my main setup monitor, keyboard and mouse with a KVM as I haven't got a TV to go with the media PC yet.

I'm close to getting a TV, they've certainly come down in price. One I have my eye on is This one a Sony 40" with 1080 res for £580.00. But I'm still hesitating as I think prices may fall further after C*****mas.

Anyway, I digress, I can recommend the Logi combo I have, it's good quality and a good price.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Flops ..regarding your TV.. make the right choice m8 as your choice will be mine :)

Reaction score
make that a chain effect for me too. I've been thinking more of Samsung over Sony though

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
make that a chain effect for me too. I've been thinking more of Samsung over Sony though

Ok fellas, hope I choose good then :eek:

I saw a 42" 1080 Hitachi going for a similar price but a few quick Googles and I saw it was a two year old model that had poor reviews, so I scratched that.

psd99: Yes, I favour Samsung but their prices aren't shifting and to be quite honest I've been looking at quite a few LCD TV's over the last few months and Samsung, Sony and Panasonic seem to be the sets with the best picture.

And between Samsung and Sony, in similar models I could see no difference.

Reaction score
Hi Flopps,

Thanks for your reply.

No I dont want leads with a wireless keyboard,I have enough leads already lol. Can you let me know what the battery life is like on the mouse and some of the reviews say that it eats the batteries up? I am sure its ok, but I was just wondering. That TV looks really nice I am looking at getting one along the same lines as that I will bear that in mind, al so wise to wait till Jan sales I bet you would get it a lot cheaper then.

Many Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Wizkid - Well get yourself a rechargeable one if you can. If not I've used wireless mice that can last up to 3/5 months on batteries.
I used to use the thing about 8 hours a day. The battery situation won't pose a problem. With a rechargeable one all you got to to is put it on charge I got the Logitech one here and I think I charge it when I see the red light on it. Red means the battery is low probably charge it once a month!! It is amazing how long it lasts.

Flopps - Is 2 HDMI ports enough for you?

For me I think I need 3 - Xbox 360, SKY HD in the future, Possible HD DVD player...

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Wizkid - Well get yourself a rechargeable one if you can. If not I've used wireless mice that can last up to 3/5 months on batteries.
I used to use the thing about 8 hours a day. The battery situation won't pose a problem. With a rechargeable one all you got to to is put it on charge I got the Logitech one here and I think I charge it when I see the red light on it. Red means the battery is low probably charge it once a month!! It is amazing how long it lasts.

Hi psd99,

Thanks for your reply

I will do that.

Thanks

Wiz

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
The one i posted to a link too is a good keyboard, has the built in touch pad like a laptop, just tried how far i can walk away from tv and i got all the way down the hall and it still works, about 6 - 7 metres.

Aria has batteries for 1p as well.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
The one i posted to a link too is a good keyboard, has the built in touch pad like a laptop, just tried how far i can walk away from tv and i got all the way down the hall and it still works, about 6 - 7 metres.

Aria has batteries for 1p as well.

Thanks WF,

I will give this one some thought as well because the smaller it is the better, also that is a very good range, thanks for seeing how far it goes.

Regards,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just tested my Logi Keyboard & Mouse. Yes, it's good for four to five metres and outside the room as well.

I've had this combo about 18 months and the Duracell non-rechargeable batteries I put in when I first got it haven't run out yet. Mind you, they've not been used a lot, to be honest, because as I said earlier, I'm using this kvm switch atm.

PSD99: I think 2 hdmi ports will be ok. The PS3 plugged in one (in the future) will play back DVD's and Blueray DVD's and games. The inbuilt tuner will do for TV. I can record TV programs either on my PVR or from the computer's dual channel Hauppage card to hard disk.

I am not interested in Sky, Cable or any Sports channels, the freeview channels are quite enough for me.

The TV will mostly be used for watching DVD movies and playing PS3 games and occasional TV watching. I haven't actually watched TV for around 9 years now and all sport bores me.

Now, what would I need a third hdmi port for?

Reaction score
Well in that case 2 ports is enough for you. I'm into sports so Sky would be necessary and I am not a PS3 fan I got a XBOX 360.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I just tested my Logi Keyboard & Mouse. Yes, it's good for four to five metres and outside the room as well.

I've had this combo about 18 months and the Duracell non-rechargeable batteries I put in when I first got it haven't run out yet. Mind you, they've not been used a lot, to be honest, because as I said earlier, I'm using this kvm switch atm.

PSD99: I think 2 hdmi ports will be ok. The PS3 plugged in one (in the future) will play back DVD's and Blueray DVD's and games. The inbuilt tuner will do for TV. I can record TV programs either on my PVR or from the computer's dual channel Hauppage card to hard disk.

I am not interested in Sky, Cable or any Sports channels, the freeview channels are quite enough for me.

The TV will mostly be used for watching DVD movies and playing PS3 games and occasional TV watching. I haven't actually watched TV for around 9 years now and all sport bores me.

Now, what would I need a third hdmi port for?

Hi Flopps,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll bear that keyboard and mouse in mind, I'll get some rechargeable batteries as well.

P.S. Let me know what that TV is like if you buy it.

Regards,

Wiz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just chipping in as I saw somewhere else that M&S have a 40" Sony Bravia LCD going for £499 with a free 5yr warranty:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000OX6NY0/

I know next to nothing about current TV's (I'm still using one that weighs as much as me ;)), but it looked like a good price. It might not be 1080p though, so the price may just reflect the performance!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Just chipping in as I saw somewhere else that M&S have a 40" Sony Bravia LCD going for £499 with a free 5yr warranty:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000OX6NY0/

I know next to nothing about current TV's (I'm still using one that weighs as much as me ;)), but it looked like a good price. It might not be 1080p though, so the price may just reflect the performance!

Display: 40 inch widescreen LCD TV with 1366 x 768 resolution

That's still an excellent price considering the five year warranty if you're not too fussed about 1080.

I used to have a Goodmans 26" CRT set, only bought it for when my daughter was living with me, when she left I gave it away.

I forgot to mention that the second hdmi port on any TV I eventually buy will be used to take the PC.

Ask a Question