Looking For A Digital Camera

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a digital camera, nothing flashy but i want the picture quality to be decent!

It must be easy to be able to upload pics to pc, i'm not fussed about what card type it used or memory, i just want it for uploading picture to my pc !:p!

I dont know much about megapixel n what not, so dont go too much into deatil about things like that, else i'll be lost ;).

Someone recommended this to me: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...talogId=3151&productId=119133&clickfrom=image

Anything wrong with it? can i get better for the price?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hello Reef

You don't say what your budget can stretch to but assuming it's around the £150 mark

If your looking for a decent quality camera thats foolproof nothing too flashy decent picture quality and an excellent quality brand name go have a look at this nikon 4100,.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...d=Nikon.Nikon&categoryId=22129&clickfrom=name

It's also from argos same place you were gonna buy the other one and just £20 dearer.

You won't do a lot better than this cam for the money, takes sd cards as well which are super cheap you get named brands for silly money from here, get a kingston 512mg for £25.99

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/

I use these people all the time and no problems......:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You can do better than the Polaroid.

Try This or This.

Assuming a budget of £150.00 for the camera.

Also consider a set or two of rechargeable batteries with charger, a case and a memory card. Will probably total another £40-£50.00.

Canon often sell returns on ebay as refurbished items. I recently got my Canon A80 on there for £139.00 inclusive, it sells new for £280.00. It seemed new to me, nowt wrong with it, had all the trimmings.

Worth a look, anyway.

You can check out my purchase on ebay, same name as I use here.

edit: Just noticed there's a free case with the Nikon on the above link, can't be bad :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think i'm going to go with the Nikon, seeing as both of you speak highly of it ;).

Yeah, I really shoulda put a budget on there, £150 was spot on (you pair of mind readers).

Its just so i can take pictures of things and upload them to my computer basicly, plus the holidays are comming up and a camera is always useful ;).

Reaction score
Heya Reef :p

My family bought a Nikon but i can't rememeber which one lol but it looked exactly like the nikon one shown in the other post. Those types there are a few of them, we had ours like nearly a year ago so bit outa date, but my brother lost it on his holiday lol so we got a new one now :)

But staying on topic ! lol That Nikon picture quality from what I experienced was very clear, good quality pictures :D Would still be using if weren't lost !!!

Anywayz go with the Nikon i say ! Nikon's a good make :)

We have the new Olympus one :D

Hehe

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think my opinion is needed on this thread :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I don't really need to since the right choice has already been made :D All I can say is Happy Shooting with the Nikon :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, good choice, the Nikon. I also noticed it has two rechargeable AA cells and a battery charger with it, so all reef has to buy initially is a memory card. Good stuff.

Reef, when it arrives let us know what you think of it 'K?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Reefa did you buy the Nikon 4100 me and Flopp's recommended, and if so what did you think of it....

Reaction score
LOL yaeh i know the feeling m8, sumtimes I dnt get an answer at all.

Anyway wots ur wallet size?

I recently bought a Sony. The flagship cost me £550, so all depends wot u wanna spend really. You can get sum great cameras now for under £200.
Have a look at this site m8, may giveya a few ideas ;)

http://www.pixmania.com

Ask a Question