Car Scratch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've gone and given our car (metallic silver) a small scratch on the right wing, on the part that is raised slightly around the wheel. Its only about 10mm long and 2 mm across, but it was a clean scratch the took the paint off.

I've gone over it with some colour match pen from halfords, but it doesn't blend in as well as I'd hope as there are some definite edges. I probably can't get rid of it completely without a respray, but as it's so small I'm not going to pay that much (you can only see the mark if you look very close now).

Anyway... I've added the paint but I've not yet put the lacquer on. The question is, would I get a better finish if I use some silver T-Cut colour fast on it before I add the lacquer? I'd just try it, but I don't want to make a very small problem a big one if it could mess it up ;)

Reaction score
Ian! Just make sure the paint is higher than the origonal layer? then flat it very gently with very fine wire-wool... you will make it far worse if you do it wrong
nod.gif
If you have covered it it wont rust ;) leave it as is untill your ready.

PS: silver is very hard to match colour wise anyways:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it's very slightly higher than the rest - so does that mean I can t-cut it to blend it a bit more after I've flattened it? :)

Thanks for the advice :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Yep, it's very slightly higher than the rest - so does that mean I can t-cut it to blend it a bit more after I've flattened it? :)

Thanks for the advice :D

Yep! but be gentle doing it ;) you will get quite close to matching the colour with T-CUT then put the lacquer over. Flat again when it is dry and do it again and again untill you get it right.:D

Ask a Question