Thinking of buying this car

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have brought home for the weekend this car on an extended test drive and already impressed with its performance :drool: I will have to make a decision to buy or not to buy on Monday. Anyone into cars here? Any input appreciated.

Car Nissan Maxima S
Year 2011
Colour Crimson Black

:bow:

Attachments

• 20131116_171815_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    20131116_171815_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 20131116_171934_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    20131116_171934_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 20131116_172009_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    20131116_172009_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 20131116_172611_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    20131116_172611_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20131116_173508_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    20131116_173508_Parkhaven Dr.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 159

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never driven one of those before, so can't really comment on it other than to say it looks nice ;).

Pretty good of them to give you a weekend long test drive - I've only ever had a 20 mins around the block!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
There not in production in the UK so never seen one in my life to be honest. Its probably got a big ole V8 under the hood knowing you yanks!

I got like a 20 minute test drive before I bought my car, wish I had longer because I probably wouldnt of bought it if I had!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That car looks like a beautifully sleek beastie. Very nice indeed.

Like Ian, I'm impressed by the long test-drive time you've been given. Much better than a quick circuit of the local bye-pass. (Or, as happened on one occasion, a little drive around the car-park!) Lol Hopefully, it's going to give you a good "feel" for the car before you make your final decision.

Good luck, hope a Nissan expert/owner will drop by soon :)

Reaction score
Quad it looks like the sort of car the feds or special agents drive on the is cop shows?
And the dash states The Dark Side, so is that your driving technique??:lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses :D

Actually in the US it is not unusual for dealerships to offer extended test drives to serious buyers. More expensive and suerluxury cars are of course not offered this way. Since it is a used car it is of more importance for me to have an extended test drive so that I can check everything. If I were buying a new car I may not have gone for this option.

As for the specs this "beast" as TC calls it :lol:, are as follows:

Engine 3.5 Litre DOHC 24 valve V6 with 291 HP and 261 lb/ft torque
Transmission: 6 speed CVT A/T with sport mode and manual shift
Interior: Full grain Leather seats with 8 way adjustable driver seat and 4 way adjustable pass seat.
No Navigation but has Bose Audio premium sound system with 6 disc changer, Blutooth hands free phone capability.

feckit:
The dash says "Dark side of the moon" which is what I was listening to while taking the shots :dance:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Decided not to go for the Nissan Maxima. Found a few issues with the vehicle albeit minor ones, nonetheless it is a 20K car as it is and already done 50K.

Been thinking hard and what I think is a better decision is to get a brand new Mazda 6 with a little bit more payment (25K approx). That way I will be at peace with myself and not worry about break downs soon, besides I get full warranty for 36000 miles bumper to bumper as well as 60,000 mile power-train warranty. The new car will have almost every gadget that the maxima has and more. I also get great mileage on the Mazda 6 (26/38 as opposed to 19/26). Getting a new car also means I get to choose the colour I want and also the colour of the interior. Finally I don't know where I will get to use the 291 ponies, the Mazda 6 is bundled with 185 ponies and that is more than sufficient for my needs.

Did I mention that I will get to smell the new car for at least 6 weeks from the purchase?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There is something about the smell of a new car.... not that I've ever experienced that with any vehicle I've ever owned, lol

The maxima is a good looking vehicle but 3.5 Litre? Such is the cost of the fuel in the UK (a great deal more than in the US) that big-engined cars are very much out of vogue and can be purchased very cheaply.

The Mazda looks to be a good choice Mr Quad and over the years will probably work out cheaper than purchasing a used vehicle, what with repair costs and all.

Let us know what you decide on and - we want pix :D

Oh, one last thing, people can get inventive with colour descriptions can't they? Crimson Black? I can understand Apple Green, Sea Blue and the like but, as Los Bravos once sang - Black is Black... ;)

Reaction score
I got a 1.0 s Micra with 92,000 miles on the clock and 13 years old and now used as the dog car, marvellous little car, but going in for its major service next week so hope nothing needs replacing. The Wife has a Skoda Roomster which she bought new earlier this year, the dealership aloud us to have a demonstrator for the whole morning before bought one. God with the car hunting with car hunting Quad I would go for new new if that option is open to you with he manufactures warrantee makes it worthwhile especially if it is a long one like the Skoda 3 year one. Mind you over here Kia cars have a 7 year warrantee might be worth looking at their range if the US imports them..

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Guys,

Appreciate your input. I will be deciding by the weekend if all goes well.

bootneck02:

Yes a new car with warranty is always a good option, it is headache free. Kia is selling cars in the US and if my understanding is right they offer 10 year/100,000 mile warranty and so does Hyundai which actually is the parent company of Kia. Nothing is free even the warranty of Kia, it is actually packaged into the final price the customer pays. :nod: Extended warranties are available for any car car you buy in US which you get as an option.

The Japanese cars a very reliable and last a long time if cared for, I would not even consider an extended warranty on them, the standard warranty that comes is OK. Mazda is the only Japanese maker here in US which is offering cars fully assembled in Japan. The quality, fit and finish is way better than anything assembled in US/Canada/Mexico where most cars are assembled.

Ask a Question