Mesh - New Customer and already problems

Reaction score
Hello people

After a few Google searches today regarding problems with Mesh I came across this site. I was interested and to be honest terrified to read some of the many Mesh threads I have read.

Still, I am very new to Mesh so for now the possible future problems that may arise when things go wrong can be put to the back of my mind. I hold out hope that long term I have no serious PC problems or CS problems with Mesh as I've paid my dues for the last 3 years with my old Fujitsu Siemens nightmare system.

Anyhow, intro and waffle over and onto my dilemma. I ordered a Mesh PC around the 20th Dec after reading some reviews and debating which rig to buy for about a month. I fully understood and accepted that at the earliest I would see my PC the first week in Jan.

So e-mail arrives in the inbox from Mesh early last week stating that the PC would be delivered on the Friday, "Brilliant" I thought as I was on extended annual leave and wouldn't need to take extra time off to get the PC delivered.

So checked with Amtrak’s tracking site on the Thursday as advised, nothing. Checked again on Friday and still nothing. After checking a few times that day I called the local depot and was lucky enough to speak to a helpful chap who said it hadn't arrived that day, but may arrive that evening. Though this would mean that as I hadn't paid for the Sat delivery they wouldn't be able to deliver it until the Monday. That wasn't possible as there would be no one available on Monday to take delivery of it. Luckily upon explaining this to him he gave me the Saturday drivers’ mobile number and told me to call him on the Sat morning. He said that if the goods may arrive at the hub later that night and I may be able to get the driver to deliver them to me on the Sat or arrange to meet him at the depot to collect it (not overly a problem as it is only 20 mins from me).

Checked the website later that night, and right enough it had been delivered. Sat morning called the driver who I caught just leaving the depot, and he was kind enough to hear me out, inform me he had a delivery later that day near my area and if I wished I could meet him at that address and collect it from his van. True to his word he met me, helped me load it into the car and I gave him £10 for being a helpful chap.

Get the PC home, set it up and realised there is something odd. Upon loading it up I noticed that the Vista welcome centre is telling me the PC is Quad core. Odd considering I ordered Dual core. Upon further inspection it became evident that I had received the correct order, in terms of monitor, and 5.1 speakers, but the incorrect tower, Keyboard and no mouse.

This kinda took the shine off my mood, and even more so when I tried calling their CS to enquire why this had happened. Needless to say they were closed for the weekend.

So, looking further at the spec I actually think that I've ended up with a slightly higher spec than what I ordered.

Sadly this morning I got a call from a very rude man who "TOLD" me I had the wrong machine and will have to send it back. "Ok" I thought, so how does this work. Rudely he "told" me I will have to hand the unit over to a courier to be sent back and only then will they send out the correct unit.

My problem with that is why can't they just deliver the new one when they collect the current one? Plus I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to take any time off work to ensure that I'm home at a later date, not to mention having a further delay in getting the unit.

So overall I'm already disappointed with their CS. I'm delighted (touch wood) with the PC and would be more than happy to keep hold of it. Does anyone know where I stand with this, as it was their mistake, am I legally bound to return it?

Sorry for the long windedness of this post, and many thanks in advance for any comments.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't let go of that machine until you've got your correct machine - with mouse - and you're satisfied it's working ok.

I haven't a clue what the legal position is and this is purely my personal advice - not this forum's advice - but that's what I'd do.

Their rudeness sounds true to form, it's what most Mesh victims - sorry 'customers' - have come to expect.

Watch this space :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ah the legendary Mesh CS :lol:

Sadly you are legally bound to return it.....however as Flops has just said I would contact them and say it can be collected by the courier at the same time as your one is delivered and not before.

Reaction score
Is this the same Mesh who on BBC Watchdog said they were improving Customer Service by 100%?

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Ah the legendary Mesh CS
laughingsmiley.gif

Sadly you are legally bound to return it

Ah, that's a pity as I was quite happy with the spec, apart from the quad core, there's not a great deal of difference. I had just assumed they'd thrown it out with what they had in stock at the time.

Still, I'll wait and see what happens as their CS guy said he'd post out the return lables and then I'd have to call them and arrange the collection.

Whether it involves calling their 60p a min line or not I won't be calling them, I'll wait for them to call me again, and at that point they can begin their negotiations as to how they will supply the correct machine upon handing over the current one.

Hopefully that is at least legal, being as I paid for a PC and have a PC, albeit a different one!

Reaction score
Suggest you email the Mesh - Mr Fixit @ (e-mail address removed)
He has in the past helped others with similar problems.:thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Suggest you email the Mesh - Mr Fixit @ (e-mail address removed)
He has in the past helped others with similar problems.:thumb:

Yeah, I saw his details on other posts here and other sites, though to be fair, isn't his area really helping people with faulty PC's?

If so there's no real point in me harrassing him about a CS issue.

Reaction score
I agree dont return the one you have until you have the one you ordered.
Its not your problem you recieved a machine you were not supposed too. Espeically if it had all your delivery details on it.

Let them chase you, I would. But then again i'm a stubborn batard ;)

Reaction score
northernjay said:
Yeah, I saw his details on other posts here and other sites, though to be fair, isn't his area really helping people with faulty PC's?

If so there's no real point in me harrassing him about a CS issue.
Well he's their Mr Fixit & you need the pc you bought, may be he can fix it for you to get the right one?

Reaction score
feckit said:
Well he's their Mr Fixit & you need the pc you bought, may be he can fix it for you to get the right one?

Cheers, but in the meantime I'll happily keep hold of the one I have. As stated above, if Mesh wish to chase me up for it and want it back that urgently they can make damn well sure that they supply the correct one at the same time.

Reaction score
Well they may try and start a litigation process against you, and try to threaten you. Simply tell them you have no problem returning the machine however you want your replacement on the same day and will exchange when the delivery takes place

That is not unreasonable at all

Goodluck

Reaction score
hugopires, you answering a thread that is over 4 months old.
I'm sure by know that northernjay has solved the problem.:thumb:

Ask a Question