One of thoosse days

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Seems I am having or had one of those thick days yesterday and tonight. Thought I would take my PC apart and give it a really good clean.
I thought while I was at it I would have a go at a bit of modding, mind you only a color change on the case. Most of it is metal except for the front panel which is plastic.
Off I went to Halfords and bought a few cans of spray paint, masking tape and wet and dry sand paper.
Spent the afternoon sanding and spraying the case and eventually after it dried re assmebled it.

Plugged everything in and powered up. All the fans and lites etc came on, but monitor showed no signal. Much haed scratching and so forth + 2 hours of swearing, I eventually realised I was plugging the monitor cord into the motherboard and not the graphics card as it should have been. Hence no signal.:blush::blush::blush::blush:

doh.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Take a break will ya :lol:

Don't think you are the only one here, almost everyone who is a hobbyist has made blunders, yours truly included

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
At least it was something simple. When troubleshooting advanced systems, one has the tendancy to jump to the most complicated resolution as the actual fix. Only to learn that someone just kicked the plug out.

Ask a Question