Wireless Broadband Router help please

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please.
Bought a netgear router for braodband. It wouldnt configure. Tried their tech support and in the end (after a very long phone call) took it back to PC world as faulty. Tried then a Linskys one. Connected well but the connection was very slow. Tried NTL (ISP) who check connection, all was well with them. Internet worked when cable in back of PC but failed agian (either very slow and fragmented or not at all) with router. Must say at this point actually got wireless connection on lap top although it was also slow through router. Tried Linskys tech support and again after a very long phone call (three calls in fact) still couldnt get a good connection. They now say it must be a fault with the router. I find it hard tob eleive that two brand new routers have ailed and wonder if I should do something to my PC eg??LAN Speed before trying to connect. I have done everything I have been told to by tech support i.e connection all the cables in the right placees, checked and double checked and it's a mystery. Dreading taking a second one back to PC World as I fingdthere sales staff intimidating as it is Can they really both be faulty. Help PLeeeeease

Ask a Question