WinTV 900 getting TV help -

Reaction score
Merry Christmas y'all!

Right, got the WinTV-HVR-900 for christmas, very cool. Trying to get it to get channels though, now what format for the UK?! There are the following options:

NTSC_Japan
NTSC_M
PAL_BGHIDK
PAL_DK
PAL_M
PAL_N
SECAM

So which one?! Probably easy not want to be sure.

Struggling to set this up, do i put the antenna into the wall socket or the one on the USB stick?! I'm such a noob.

Last edited:
Reaction score
PAL_M i think it is. As for the the aerial just a standard wall socket i think it fine mate. The USB stick is for Free To Air channels if i remember correctly

Reaction score
Got it sorted, was using the travelling antenne not connected to wall lol :p So dumb, this is so sweet though since i have two monitors now, use the second monitor as TV/iTunes/web browsing and main one for gaming etc so cool!

Merry xmas!

Reaction score
PAL_BGHIDK will get you both analogue and digital channels should you need both.

I love Hauppauge cards except their software is pants. I suggest using Media Centre if you can to record programs. :)

Ask a Question