Antec 900 Case

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had my Lian Li PC61 case almost four years now and I've got that itch for a change.

The Lian Li has a side window panel, two stealth drive covers, a purple cold cathode and a UV cold cathode. And, of course, George, the luminous green Gargoyle from Tintagel :)

But, as I said, nearly four years, I wanna change.

This case caught my eye, the Antec 900 gamers case.

Links:

The Antec Site

OCUK link

And I was thinking of adding these two fans, one amidships internal, the other in the side panel aimed at the graphics card.

Noctua 1200

I'm quite impressed with the Antec 900's top mounted 200mm fan, looks good.

I also like the top mounted sockets for firewall, usb and audio.

I'm not sure I like the two front fans having blue led's, I think that may drive me nuts if they flash on and off, I may have to change those fans.

It doesn't look as if there's a facility to mount a floppy drive unless I use a 5.25" bay adapter. But only time I use a floppy is for RAID driver install and sometimes for Bios upgrade. So for those times I could just fly the floppy drive remote and for the most part live without a floppy drive.

One of the main reasons I'm thinking of upgrading is to try and get something a little quieter. My Lian Li uses 4 x 80mm fans, the cooling fan on the CPU cooler and the cooling fan on the 8800GTS vid card.

Everything is kept cool but I must confess it's not the quietest of setups.

My Antec Sonata with Zalman CPU cooler and 2 x 120mm fans, however, runs just as cool and the noise is barely audible.

Anyways, anybody here got one? Or if not, what do you think?

I don't actually need a new case, gotta be honest, but I'm just in the mood for a change..... ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well as you may or may not remember, i have the Antec 900. :)

Its a good case imo, very well ventilated and quiet with all the 120mm fans on low. All the fans are Antec Tri cool's which have low, med and high settings, and they are all molex 'pass through' connectors so you dont loose any molex connectors to them.

If you fit the fan on the inside you will be fine for space with your 8800GTS. Although i didn't bother myself. I did recently fit a spare Tri Cool that i had lying around to the side which i just uploaded to the gallery for you to look at. :)

The 200mm fan on top is good and quiet as it turns slowly, But it dont move a lot of air on low. I have mine set n medium and i still cant hear it.

The two fans on the front dont flash but they are always on, depending on where you are compared to the case is, they may catch your eye now and again. But you can change them if you wish.

When my RAM went bad i had to fit the floppy drive to run memtest, and tbh it was a pain in the ass, so be warned! You get the adaptor and surround with the case but its an awkward fit.

Link to my gallery for you to look at, should be helpful as i have a similar set up to you. :thumb:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=7906

HTH's :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember now, I can remember commenting on the beige drive in a black case, lol ;)

Hmm, I think I'm sold, just wondering how much I could flog the Lian Li for.....

It cost around £90.00 new I think, the two optical drive stealth covers were £12.00 each and the side window panel was about £25.00. That's about £140.00 total so it's gotta be worth around fifty quid I'd guess.

Thinking..... musing..... pondering......

Reaction score
It looks good Flopps and it is made by Antec

do you have another case you have been thinking about too?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
do you have another case you have been thinking about too?

um, nope :)

I will probably order this middle of next week when work tails off.

I'm thinking of making the Pentium dual core/Asus P5B deluxe my main system again, it's definitely a slightly better system out of the two listed below, particularly with the Raptors in a RAID 0 and the GTS8800 640Mb.

I only made the AMD single core my main system because of issues with CoD2 online freezing but as I have a Logi G5 on my other system now, I could always use that for playing CoD2.

I can back up the AM2 OS but not the soon-to-be-configured Pentium system cos Acronis True Image won't install to a RAID setup so it looks as though this will involve a fresh install, which probably neans I'll have to phone MS to activate Win XP Pro. I hate doing that.

And I was thinking I'll put the components from the computer I was given from a school recently into the Lian Li case, I can then use a 300W spare PSU I have, the Celeron 1.7Ghz-based system only has a 160W PSU.

Constantly evolving.... :D

I'll very likely post a few pix towards the end of next week.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds good Flops, pics are always good! :)

Ask a Question