Windows XP reinstall problem

asdenning

I recently reinstalled Windows XP from the recovery disks provided when I
purchased my HP laptop due to a major Windows crash. While going through the
install a number of notice came up saying that Windows was unable to
find/install certain files (I'd say approximately 50-100 files). Windows now
runs and is able to access the internet, run office, etc., but certain things
remain out of whack. For example, the computer is unable to install my sound
card due to missing files; also, the battery no longer communicates with the
computer correctly and I am forced to run the laptop plugged-in. When I tried
to do the whole "reinstall windows from recovery disk" thing again from the
beginning, I was unable to do so. Any ideas/suggestions?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Contact HP Support or install the machine-specific drivers on the drivers
CD.

db.·.. >

you should visit the
homesite for your