windows xp media edition and epson stylus photo RX600

pat57

Can anyone help me? I have a new Dell Dimensions E510 with XP Media
Edition and once my Epson Stylus Photo RX 600 is installed it freezes
my computer, the computer can only be used if the printer is turned
off. Please help, tried everything with epson and dell.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

What other USB devices do you have attached to the PC at the same time as
the Epson printer? Is it attached to a front or rear USB port?

pat57

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"pat57" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Can anyone help me? I have a new Dell Dimensions E510 with XP Media
Edition and once my Epson Stylus Photo RX 600 is installed it freezes
my computer, the computer can only be used if the printer is turned
off. Please help, tried everything with epson and dell.

Thank you for responding. I have a keyboard, mouse, and Netgear
wireless internet adapter plugged in my USB ports. The keyboard, mouse
and printer are attached in the back of the computer and the USB
wireless adapter in the front. I tried the printer in every USB port
on this computer, front and back. Anything you can offer will be
appreciated. Thank you.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

I'm suspecting an insufficient Power Supply Unit. There are a couple of
options here... either purchase a POWERED USB hub or consider upgrading your
Power Supply Unit to one of higher wattage. The hub is the one that needs
the least 'technical' knowledge. I'm sure you've obviously tried different
cables so we can probably rule that one out.

pat57

thank you so far between myself and Dell we decided to switch to the
Windows XP Home Edition which I had previously in another computer that
worked excellent with my RX 600. I will let you know the outcome. I
will try this solution you posted if possible. Thank you.