Windows XP Home SP2 won't startup

I recently put together a custom built computer with all good parts. I loaded
Windows XP Home SP2 on it. Then I loaded Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe
Illustrator 10, Adobe Photoshop 7, Adobe Streamline 4, a video driver for my
Radeon Card, and Realtec 97 Audio driver for sound. After loading these files
when I restart my machine it will go through the diagnostics but when the
I've tried loading windows fresh over and over and still the same thing
happens. I'm very frustrated with it...

Ted Zieglar

When building a computer - which can be a lot of fun - the first thing to do
is to build a barebones setup, with the absolute minimum hardware needed to
run Windows and no software. After thoroughly checking out the system to be
sure all is in order, you add one piece at a time, thoroughly check, add
another piece, thoroughly check...and so on. In your situation it's anyone's
guess as to what the problem is. Do you see any error messages?

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Frustrated and Confused" <Frustrated and
news:[email protected]...

Ted,

Actually, when installing my programs I did them 1 at a time and restarted
each time to make sure that I had no problems. Each time it worked fine.
After all were installed, I had started up the computer a few more times and
then out of the blue it started giving me this problem. Then when I used the
Windows XP CD to do a system repair. During the repair an error would come up
stating that REALTEC 97 Audio Driver had not passed windows xp logo test and
could cause a problem. This is the only possible variable I can see. Is there
a known glitch with this driver?

Ted Zieglar

The fact that a driver has not passed logo testing does not necessarily mean
it will cause a problem. Logo testing means that Microsoft has tested the
driver and certifies that it is compatible with Windows. A driver doesn't
need Steve Ballmer's blessing to work with Windows.

Before rushing to do a repair install you should try to determine what
causes a problem. A repair install is only helpful if Windows itself is
damaged.

Don't know anything about Realtec...you can contact their technical support.