Windows Vista on Dell D610 Laptop

E

Eric Bursley

I'm using Windows Vista Enterprise on a D610 Laptop, and everything seems to work fine except for one thing. When I'm connected to a wireless network, any wireless network, VPN connections drop or fail to connect. Using a wired connection, VPN works just fine.
I know its not a hardware issue because I could connect w/o issue using Windows XP SP2.
When I try the VPN connection, I generally do get authenticated, and pass quarantine stage on the ISA Server that is acting as the VPN gateway, but then I get disconnected with an error message stating that the connection was dropped by an external connection.

E

Eric Bursley

I think I may have found a driver conflict in my scenario. My Dell Latitude D610 has a Broadcom Wireless and wired network cards. If my wired network card is enabled but not physically connected to a wired network, VPN fails to work. If I disabled the wired network card in Vista, VPN works fine via wireless. If I'm connected via wired network, VPN works fine, even if my wireless card is enabled.
Any ideas on this one?

--
Eric Bursley
University of Phoenix Online
CST
(e-mail address removed)
512-925-0521
I'm using Windows Vista Enterprise on a D610 Laptop, and everything seems to work fine except for one thing. When I'm connected to a wireless network, any wireless network, VPN connections drop or fail to connect. Using a wired connection, VPN works just fine.
I know its not a hardware issue because I could connect w/o issue using Windows XP SP2.
When I try the VPN connection, I generally do get authenticated, and pass quarantine stage on the ISA Server that is acting as the VPN gateway, but then I get disconnected with an error message stating that the connection was dropped by an external connection.

E

Eric Bursley

Hotfix kb930163 resolves this problem.

--
Eric Bursley
CST
(e-mail address removed)
512-925-0521
I think I may have found a driver conflict in my scenario. My Dell Latitude D610 has a Broadcom Wireless and wired network cards. If my wired network card is enabled but not physically connected to a wired network, VPN fails to work. If I disabled the wired network card in Vista, VPN works fine via wireless. If I'm connected via wired network, VPN works fine, even if my wireless card is enabled.
Any ideas on this one?

--
Eric Bursley
CST
(e-mail address removed)
512-925-0521

Ask a Question