Windows Mail Will Not Start Error Message: (0x8004104E)

FadingVisions

Hi, okay well I cannot get windows mail to start it will come up with these
error messages, I've restarted it, but still won't work. This happend 3 days
ago, before then everything was working, can anyone please help me out? Here
are the Error messages:

This application has failed to start because CRYPTUI.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

Windows Mail Could not be started. The application was unable to initialize
the windows contacts. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
full. (0x8004104E)

Windows Mail could nto be started because MSOE.Dll could not be initialized.

Thanks!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I suggest you upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"FadingVisions" wrote in message
Hi, okay well I cannot get windows mail to start it will come up with these
error messages, I've restarted it, but still won't work. This happend 3 days
ago, before then everything was working, can anyone please help me out? Here
are the Error messages:

This application has failed to start because CRYPTUI.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

Windows Mail Could not be started. The application was unable to initialize
the windows contacts. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
full. (0x8004104E)

Windows Mail could nto be started because MSOE.Dll could not be initialized.

Thanks!

Steve Cochran

It sounds as if your computer has a number of issues. You can try repairing the WinMail database (see www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, you might check point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 and also you might try running System File Checker (go to Start | Search and type SFC /Scannow).

steve