Windows Explorer Crashes

Every time I try to move files in Windows Explorer, it crashes. Recently I
have been getting a message that there is a fix, and to download KB938979.
But when I try to download it, I get another message at the end of the
download saying that the update is not applicable to my system.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ43GN running Window Vista Business. The crashes in
Explorer are driving me mad. I see many other users seem to have similar
problems, but no one seems to have a straightforward answer. Does Microsoft
ever read any of the complaints???? Is there a fix ?

Grateful for advice

Allen Hull

Newsgroup Hong Kong

same problem here, im using Sony VGN-TZ17GN, the window explorer keeps
crashed all the time when opening folders, shuting down..etc.
the worst is that when a solution was found, i can't read it and the
solution center says i am not connected to internet OR microsoft server was
not responding.