Windows Defender: Application failed to initialize 0X8007002

Fed Up with PC's

Hello,

I often complained about Norton putting "Hooks" into the registry. But it
appears Microsoft does the same thing. After uninstalling Windows Live One
Care (Now discountinued) I cannot start Widows Defender. What a pain in the
backside!@#$%

On another note, on my fathers PC he renewed Live One Care and his Defender
now comes up with the same problem.What gives? Software is a great thing when
it works :-(

T.

Bill Sanderson

Windows Live OneCare disables Windows Defender--it includes Windows
Defender's functionality and more.

Are you running Windows XP, or Vista?

Fed Up with PC's said:
Hello,

I often complained about Norton putting "Hooks" into the registry. But it
appears Microsoft does the same thing. After uninstalling Windows Live One
Care (Now discountinued) I cannot start Widows Defender. What a pain in
the
backside!@#$%

On another note, on my fathers PC he renewed Live One Care and his
Defender
now comes up with the same problem.What gives? Software is a great thing
when
it works :-(

T.

Fed Up with PC''s

Who still runs Windows XP? Im running Vista hence why I cant uninstal
Defender....

T.

Bugg that's Bugged by Defender

I downloaded the OneCare Clean Up but I keep getting a message that I need
administrator privileges to run it. But I'm running this when logged in
under my administrator user account.

Any ideas how to get around this or other ways to clean up Defender?

Bill Sanderson

Right-click the cleanup tool and choose run as administrator.

"Bugg that's Bugged by Defender" <Bugg that's Bugged by