Windows 7 Windows 7 Upgrade

Reaction score
Are PC World, Curry's and Dixons or anybody really offering a free upgrade to Winodws 7 if you buy Vista about to rob us ?
I was in PC World earlier and sort of over heard a convo between what looked like to be a manager of the store and somebody else. Long story short, if you buy Vista in PC World you will get an upgrade Voucher and there wil be no royalty fee going to MS. But Pc World will charge you £35.00 for replication fees, in otherwords £35.00 to make a copy of the OS for you. How true this is I don't know. I will find out though. Seems a bit of a p*ss take if you ask me...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a google for the Windows 7 promo page on PC World and they have this page explaining it all:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/win7-upgrade

All it says is "Shipping and handling fees apply". If it was £35 that sounds very unreasonable indeed, so I'd like to think it would be much, much less than that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Isn't that a 'standard deal' atm? Buy a vista OS between July or so and get a free upgrade to win 7.

Sounds good in theory but i'd rather use the RC (as i am) or get the free 90 day trial of the enterprise edition, by which time the 'real' win 7 will be out. Then do a clean install rather than a dirty upgrade. :)

Ask a Question