Windows 7 Windows 7 home preminum 32 bit

Reaction score
Will Windows 7 home premium 32 bit OS run the programs that ran in the Windows XP OS?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Generally speaking, and given the fact you haven't given us much to go on (not even an example), yes.

Though why in this day would you want to run 32 Bit? ;)

Reaction score
I want to run 32 bit because as I stated those are the programs that ran in the Windows XP OS.
Examples of the programs I need to run are; Bicycle Poker, Quicken Basic, Fujifilm Software for FinePix, Microsoft Flight Simulator X etc. None of these programs will run with the Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit OS whih came installed on my Sony Vaio laptop.

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I want to run 32 bit because as I stated those are the programs that ran in the Windows XP OS.
Examples of the programs I need to run are; Bicycle Poker, Quicken Basic, Fujifilm Software for FinePix, Microsoft Flight Simulator X etc. None of these programs will run with the Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit OS whih came installed on my Sony Vaio laptop.

Quicken Basic will run in Win7 64 bit....
http://quicken.intuit.com/support/h...for-windows-system-requirements/GEN83006.html

As will, going by the system requirements on the sites pages the rest of what you mention. You could try running the programs in compatibility mode or a virtual machine?

The only one i can see being a problem is FSX as that may not run on a laptop with basic graphics...

Maybe the issue is with your laptop?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, yes, Flight Sim X running in desktop with fairly up to date spec for me, many laptops would not be capable of running some graphically demanding games, tis true.

Reaction score
I can't run Windows 7 Home Preminum in XP Mode (virtualization). Windows 7 Home Preminum doesn't include the XP Mode capability and the CPU (Intel Core 2 T7200) installed in my Sony Vaio(VGN-NW250F) won't support virtualization.. So what I'm basically asking is:
Will a 32 bit version of Windows 7 run 32 bit programs????

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its a yes.

Put it this way, I've been running Win 7 64 bit since the day it was released, (Oct '09) and before that the Release candidate for a few months. I am yet to find a program that didn't/doesn't run in win 7.

Ask a Question