Wi-Fi Health Fears

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Times reports that some schools are removing wireless networking equipment due to pressure from parents citing heath fears.

Vivienne Baron, who is bringing up Sebastian, her ten-year-old grandson, said: “I did not want Sebastian exposed to a wireless computer network at school. No real evidence has been produced to prove that this new technology is safe in the long term. Until it is, I think we should take a precautionary approach and use cabled systems.”

There is no evidence to suggest that there is any danger from Wi-Fi systems, however some schools are switching to cabled alternatives.

Attachments

• Wireless.jpg
    Wireless.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 997

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems silly doesn't it! Surely there are other matters for schools to consider, like feeding kids unhealthy rubbish everyday and general education. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I reckon it is really stupid too

there are so many important matters to discuss such as education itself!

Reaction score
Vivienne Baron, who is bringing up Sebastian, her ten-year-old grandson, said: “I did not want Sebastian exposed to a wireless computer network at school. No real evidence has been produced to prove that this new technology is safe in the long term. Until it is, I think we should take a precautionary approach and use cabled systems.”

Just wait untill little Sebastian comes home one day with a thick lip received off a bully.
What is Nanna Vivienne Baron going to say/do then? Do-gooders my arse.

No real evidence has been produced to prove that this new technology is safe [Edit] or unsafe in the long term.:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And no, Sebastian, you can't have a mobile phone either, it will fry your brain darling.

Now put that herbal cigarette out and come and eat your quiche.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
And no, Sebastian, you can't have a mobile phone either, it will fry your brain darling.

Now put that herbal cigarette out and come and eat your quiche.
My thoughts exactly ;)

Reaction score
This kid will be be exposed to WiFi everyday - even if the school did remove theirs.

e.g. Supermarkets use Wifi for their technology, loads of businesses, household networks that "Spill" out onto the street, and even open access in restaurants etc.

What a load of rubbish.

No point in worrying about that - lifes too short. Worrying about it is probably more damaging than WiFi itself.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I can't believe I just read that.....:)

What a bunch of Numskulls these people are...Just unbelievable really...:lol:

I'm ****ing myself laughing here..:nod:

I wonder if Nanna Vivienne Baron has stopped using her mobile phone, or microwave oven for fear of frying sebastians brain..while he's at the dinner table waiting for his Microchips...:lol:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I wonder if Nanna Vivienne Baron has stopped using her mobile phone, or microwave oven for fear of frying sebastians brain..while he's at the dinner table waiting for his Microchips...
laughingsmiley.gif

What you mean his yummy raw microchips that couldnt be cooked because Nanna gave up her microwave :lol:

Reaction score
Every Modern Household Contains Electromagnetic Waveforms.the Childrens Aid Society Demands That Every Household With Children Must Have Electricity Or Otherwise It Is A Reason To Remove Children.i Have Been Repairing Televisions For 25 Years Now With No Ill Side Effects.i Would Also Like To Point Out That Anyone That Is In An Area With Cellphone Service,satelite Tv Etc. Is Being Exposed To Microwave Transmission.i Own Property In Northern Canada Where There Is No Reception Of Any Kind.perhaps This Is The Answer
For Poeple Who Are Worried About Em Waveforms.however,i Would Like To Point Out That My Children Are Not Allowed To Live There Because The Childrens Aid Society Claims That The Location Is To Remote.
I Believe That As Long As You Don't Stick Your Head In A Microwave Oven Or Hold Your Head Close To An Unshielded Flyback For Extended Periods Of Time You Will Be Ok.

Reaction score
RE:Wi-Fi Health Fears er, Jim, why most of your words start with a capital letter?

Actually I Type Every Thing In Capital.the Computer Does The Rest!

Reaction score
That is the stupidest thing I've ever read. She might as well put him in a bubble.

Every road, shopping centre, airport etc have wireless devices.

Ask a Question